Supplying my amp with power question

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 275
do You think I will notice a bigger difference if I Upgrade from 4 gauge wiring to 0/1 gauge wiring, or if i get a 200 Amp alternator? (my stock alt. is 140) I have an RE 12.1 amp, and an alpine MRV-F340 amp. I have 4G going from the battery to the RE amp.

Basically If i get 0/1 guage wiring, and upgrade my grounds or "the big three" will it be more benifical than leaving things how they are, and getting the HO alternator???

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 224
i went from 4 gauge to 1/0 gauge and also upgraded from a 90a alt to a 165a alt. 1/0 for the big 3 and 4gauge for my grounds also and didn't notice a difference in the sound.

basically, you wouldn't be doing it so your system thumps harder, but you would be doing it to have a properly running system. yes, you need a larger alternater and with that you need to upgrade the big three. if not you damage your vehicles electrical system.

now, i have a Q?? we've all been waiting on the reviews on the re 12.1 can you give us some insight please?????

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 276
i will know by 2m or sunday.... i'm hooking it all up then.... i was having a book built...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us