This amp any good???

Bronze Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 78
Sorry for starting too many threads but it's just a pain looking around for a system!! I was thinking about changing my amp to this Kenwood. The stats on this amp are located on this website, but I'm not going to pay that money for it from that site.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/KENKAC9152D

I was planning on having this amp to power a Type R. Is this amp extremely overated?? It got everything that I was looking for but I was just wondering how good these amps are. It says that it puts out 500 @ 4ohms and that's the type of Type R I was going to get (dual 2 ohm). THanks guys for your help!!

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 80
Or better yet, what other amps can I get for $200ish that will power a Type R?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4894
If you can get that amp for $200 or less, then go for it. It's not the greatest, but for your budget it'll work fine.
Audiobahn A8000T or A8002T costs around $140 and it performs for the money.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 81
thanks Isaac for your input, yeah i can get that amp for 200ish on ebay. Really wanted to stay away from Audiobahn.......ready TOO many bad complaints. So I'm thinking that I may go with this amp. I was also looking at the RF P5002 but that amp puts out about 623 watts @ 4 ohms (I said 683 in other thread - mistake) so I wasn't sure if I will be too powerful for the sub or not. I really don't want to end up buying a new sub after a while. So here is my basic question: THe Kenwood amp I have listed above that claims it puts out 500 @ 4ohms or the RF P5002 that puts out 623 @ 4ohms. I have had RF amps and I love them very much, which is why I reather the RF but not sure about the over power. I'm guessing tho that the Type R is probably underated too. BTW, I'll be getting the dual 2 ohm VC version.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4898
Go with RF first, then Kenwood as your 2nd choice.
As long as you use self control with the volume knob, you won't have any problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us