Alpine subs - what amp?

Username: Malloymeister

DE USA

Post Number: 1
If i have 2 Alpine Type r subwoofers, what would be the best amp to use with them? Also, what does the 500W continuous power and 1500W peak power mean when selecting an amp?

Username: Carolinablue637

Lincoln, NE USA

Post Number: 10
I have the exact same subs. I just bought a kicker kx1200.1 amp and i am in love with it. it is worth every penny. The best place to get it is ebay....500w continuous power means RMS, or continuous. The 1500 means how much it can handle when it peaks, or gives the most power the amp can give out. The KX1200.1 is perfect because it is 1200RMS or more. Your should always favor a little more power then a little less. ill check back and see if you have any more ?s

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 717
disregard all peak power numbers.. they are inaccurate and really dont mean anything.. always use RMS numbers when matching amps and subs.. please list the coil config of the subs so we can determine which amps will suit them

DE USA

Post Number: 2
ok the subs are each 12" subwoofers with dual 4-ohm voice coils. power handling: 200-500 watts RMS

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1619
If its the 1242D
then kicker kx1200
JBl 1100.i
Orion 1200
ED 9
RE 1200......etc

DE USA

Post Number: 3
OK thanks for the input everyone. Now i am pretty sure i am getting the Kicker kx1200, so how would i wire the subs to the amp for the best performance and sound?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1630
Get a pair of the 1242D model & wire em up like this
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us