Audiobahn Hi Current Amps?

Bronze Member
Username: Brady427

Post Number: 75
does anyone have any experience with these amps....i know that audiobahn isnt a very good brand, but these amps see like they have it all.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
bump

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4835
I've used and tested the HCT series. They will perform.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
better than the kicker??

Gold Member

Post Number: 4839
Well that'll depend on what models are you're comparing to. Not all amps from Kickers are good. Some of them are overrated.
I wouldn't say it's better, but more like in the same range on some models.
The one I used and tested, really performed well. The bass was so powerful, the remote bass control was kept less than half way.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
which one were you testing...im looking at trying out a A2150HCT 1200rms amp. The specs on it make it seem like a really decent amp....im just looking for an improvement over my current(pyramid 1000w...lol) how much of a diff. will it make?

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 347
A massive difference. Audiobahn might not be great, but the A2150HCT is galaxies beyond a pyramid 1000w.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
okay...so can i run a pair of IDQ10's off of one channel, and 2 sets of 6.5"s off the other channel??

Gold Member

Post Number: 4845
That's a 2 channel amp and is 300w rms x 2, for a total of 600w. 1200w number is peak power.
You can't use 2 channel amp to power subs and components. You'll get a mono sound.
You can however, use it in tri-mode. That is, run the components in stereo, and then power the subs in bridged mode. To do this, you will need xover, capacitors for the components and coil for the sub(s).
I've tested the 4125HCT, 4 channel 1000w rms model. It was around $400.
I ran 2 channels for the rears, and the other 2 in bridged mode for the sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
Isaac, can you go in more detail about how im going to be able to do this....what parts and how to connect??

Gold Member

Post Number: 4846
If you're talking about tri-mode, it involves using both left and right for components and bridging of those 2 channels for the subs.
Check your amp's manual, it's clearly stated with diagrams.
For example, 80Hz cutoff for subs and components, use the following figures:
Inductor(coil) for the sub - 7.5mH
capacitor for the components - 470uF (non polarized)

For 100Hz cutoffs:
Inductor - 6.fmH
Capacitor - 330uF (non polarized)
Attach them to the pos terminal on the sub and components.
The parts are sold at most electronics/speaker parts stores.

Username: Fac3l3ss

Post Number: 9
I'm just wondering..i bought myself my first car stereo and it's intalled i really know nothing about car stereos all i know is i want it to pound...what type of subs and amp should i get i don't really want to pay any more than $400 for both subs and up to $300-$400 for amp...please any input from someone who knows what they are talking about would be appreciated

Gold Member

Post Number: 4854
If all you want is "pounding" bass, then have a look at RE MT sub in a 5cu ft of ported box. It will have enough power to rattle your whole car.
If MT is out of your price range, RE also has other models that will be just as loud.
In fact, MO on here is selling his RE sub in a vented box for under $300 on eBay. Ask him about it. You can still find the link here.
The amp, try MTX/JBL/RF/Kicker/Xtant/Audiobahn HCT series.

jollymantv
Unregistered guest
i have a A2300HCT, 2400 rms at 1 ohm, the amp is 30 pounds of pure power, i love it, i look at it everyday and drool, its the best, got it for 450 shipped off ebay, new

Gold Member

Post Number: 4866
I don't think your gf would be too happy about that.

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 206
I have a a2300hct but it clips sometimes when make burps at really high volume with the 15" Immortal. Could it be a current problem? I have a deep cycle 900 crunkin ampere battery EXIDE Maxima 900.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4870
If it's clipping, then most likely due to gain/level set incorrectly. That amp also needs lots of current. A battery will only supply so much before dropping off.

Silver Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 207
It's so difficult to set the gain level correctly...ive been tryin so many times.... :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 4872
Well what kind of HU do you have? The owner's manual should list the rca output voltage. If it's 4v, then set the gain/level half way for 8v max on the amp.

Silver Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 208
It's 8v I got the A3651 audiobahn HU. And what about the bass boost remote control?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4875
The AudioBahn A3651 HU is suppose to have 5v rca output jacks. Therefore, on your amp, set it a notch to the left side (towards minimum). Half way is suppose to be for 4v units.
The bass boost, you can set it to half way or less. Don't set that to max, or else you will get lot of distortion/clipping.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
can i run a A2150HCT 1200rms to a pair of RL-i 10's w/o overpowering them too much??

Silver Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 210
What if i use a Bass Processor that has a 8V pre outs? would i improve somethin (like SPL)?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4887
Unless your bass processor is of high quality, I wouldn't use it. The cheaper ones tend to overload/clip the amp.
Brandy, yes you can use it to power your RLs, as long as you use self control with the volume.

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 15
Now i will say that most the Audiobahn subs ive used where not all that great altho some were Great But all the Aduiobahn amps ive used are fu**ing mean mother fu**ers man >>ive used the A1500HCT an ive used the A4004T an ive used the A2200hct an i currently have Two A2300HCT amps An the A2300HCT ive had the longest ive taken In an had tested but it only put out 2300 RMS at 1 ohm mono not its 2400 RMS claimed power at 1 ohm but for 500 bucks you cant beat 2300 rms at 1 ohm so im still behind Audiobahn amps all the way
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us