Dont know what cap to get or what to do

Username: Hydro341

Post Number: 1
hey guys i have an 01 nissan pathfinder i am planning on getting the kicker L7 sub 2 ohms with the kicker sx650 amp and using 0 gauge wire, however my battery died on me so i went out to sears and got a new die hard gold battery installed and i was wondering if i would need to purchase a capacitor for the system or not and if so would a 1 farad work fine?
so i was just wondering if someone could help me out with it that would be great thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Jake110011

Jackson, Michigan

Post Number: 27
Just get a optima yellowtop instead of a cap unless you get 3 or 4 farad.

Bronze Member
Username: Jake110011

Jackson, Michigan

Post Number: 28
Just get a optima yellowtop instead of a cap unless you get 3 or 4 farad.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 334
You don't need a "3 or 4 farad" cap for a 650w amp.

Are you running any other amps (mids)? What size is your alternator?

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 205
if this is the only amp then my suggestion would be to not get a yellow top or ho alt and definately not get a cap. just hook it up first and see how it goes. your only talking 600 watts and as far as wire, 4 gauge at the most. you definately don't need 1/0 gauge. chances are you'll be shaving 2/3 of that 1/0 gauge off anyway just so it can fit in that amp........

Silver Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 133
there are such things as distribuiton blocks XKwan.

Look if you plan on sticking with this setup for a while stick with what you have the 4 guage with no yellow top or ho alt. and see how it works out, but if you plan on upgrading your system in the near future say with an amp for your mids, etc, go with 1/0 guage wire and a D-block.

Your gonna need the 1/0 guage plus an ho alt. if you upgrade, but thats a different story......

Bronze Member
Username: Moondog1212

New York United States

Post Number: 29
it wouldnt hurt to buy a capacitor, 1 farad is good for every 1000watts

Username: Hydro341

Post Number: 2
alright thanks guys cuz im not sure what size alternator i have and im not going to add on any more amps or anything after this sx650 so i guess ill just get a 1 or 2 farad cap unless you guys suggest something else to do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us