Kicker KX350.2

Bronze Member
Username: Tekniqal

Flagstaff

Post Number: 22
The specs for these babies is 125w x 2 @ 2ohm but does anyone know what they run at when at 4 ohms? I am looking to have this power my JL XR650CSi which is rated at 70w continuous. Whould this amp get the most out of them? I have found the amp for $154 shipped.

Bronze Member

Flagstaff

Post Number: 24
Anyone know anything?

Bronze Member

Flagstaff

Post Number: 28
Seriously this question will take one of u guys like 1 minute to answer, its so difficult to get help around here lol. Everyone seems to just want and no one gives. Once I learn this stuff I will give back also. All I need to know is if this amp is enough or if I should do a little more to get the most out of the speakers at 4 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2649
there are other far more responsive and higher-traffic car audio forums out there, especially:

elitecaraudio.com
caraudioforum.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 2650
PS. I'd help you but I'm a car audio noob myself, my post count is 98% from the Home Audio section.

As for the 350.2, Google them and any merchant selling them will have the specs.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 565
they are probably 350X1 bridged mono at 4 ohms. That is how my 450.2 is. 225X2 @2 ohms stereo and 450X1 @4 ohms mono. BTW, they are awesome amps.

Bronze Member

Flagstaff

Post Number: 31
so I cant run at 2 channels on 4 ohms?

Bronze Member
Username: Yada

Post Number: 36
going from 2ohms to 4ohms you just divide it by 2. So if it can push 125w @ 2ohms, then @ 4ohms it would be 60w ish. I would go for the kicker 350.4, it's not much more, $10 more top and you will get more than enough power to run anything else you buy down the road. It sounds decent too.

Yes the kicker you have would push the speakers just fine.

Bronze Member

Flagstaff

Post Number: 32
hmm, so if I did 350.4 I would get 90x2 @ 4ohm since its rated at 90x4 @ 2 ohm? How can JL Audio make the 300/2 run at 150rms at anywhere between 1.5 and 4 ohms? I was recommended to give this speakers 150w is that too much or would they handle it and not be damaged?

Bronze Member

Flagstaff

Post Number: 33
According to Eclipse their 2 channel amp doesnt split in half in amps when you move to 4 ohms. Goes from 200w X 2 to 130w x 2
http://www.eclipse-web.com/amp/pa4212.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
The speakers you have above is rated for 70w RMS. The kicker 350.4

@ 12v will give you 4 X 70w RMS @ 2ohms.
@ 14.4v will give you 4 X 90w RMS @ 2ohms.

It should be enough to power your speakers. You "can" also use the KX350.4 in bridged mode and get more power outputs at 2 channels.

@12v bridged mode 2 X 130w RMS @ 4ohm.
@14v bridged mode 2 X 175w RMS @ 4ohm.

If your speakers can only handle 70w RMS, then I wouldn't recommend bridging it since you might go crazy on the knob and blow them heheheheh.

If you are planning to just use the front 2 speakers, then you can use the other channel for the subwoofer. It's a nice amp for starting out. I have one and would recommend it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
yeah it's not close to half, but it's a good estimate because the number will be closed. Theoretically it is halved because the resistance is halved. Therefor the same power driving it should be double. But yeah go with the rating they give you.

Bronze Member

Flagstaff

Post Number: 34
hmm, so you think I should get a good 4 channel then I could bridge the remaining 2 channels for a sub? Dont I want to give the speakers at least their peak wattage so that the amp doesnt always have to be working hard?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2661
if you use a sub make sure you don't OVERMATCH the sub to the amp. I used to have a 350watt Infinity sub running from 2 channels of my 4 channel amp, I think it was actually getting about 200-250 watts, barely audible.

Bronze Member

Flagstaff

Post Number: 35
I'll keep that in mind.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 344
Just for clarification, the KX350.2 is rated at 175w X 2 RMS at 2 ohms. It's 110w X 2 RMS at 4 ohms. This is all at 14.4 volts.

Dropping down to 12.5 volts, it's 135w X 2 at 2 ohms and 70w X 2 at 4 ohms.

I have the manual sitting in front of me.

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 345
By the way, the actual output from this amp will be slightly higher than the specs. It's not a big difference until you get into the larger KX amps, but they are still underrated. My KX450.2 did 460w total RMS on the birthsheet instead of just the 450w RMS rating.

Bronze Member

Flagstaff

Post Number: 36
Is it normal to run at 14.4? I dont know about any of the voltage stuff.

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 348
If you have the proper alternator.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
Your voltage will fluctuates but it's somewhere between 12v - 14v. You can safely say that for a stock alternator, you will be getting 12v minimum. So just match up the amp outputs at 12v to which ever speakers you will drive.

The reason I suggested the 4 channels kicker 350.4 is it's not much more money and you get more bang for your money. I'm not too hardcore on blowing my ears out so the 350.4 is running both my speakers and my 2 Subs wired to 2 ohms. So ya grab the 350.4 instead, you can do more with it later down the road.

Well just think of the 350.4 as running 2 X 350.2
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KICKER-KX350-4-CAR-AUDIO-4-CH-AMP-AMPLIFIER-700-W ATTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQitemZ8007196326QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
You should be able to grab one for around this price. Happy shopping!

Bronze Member

Flagstaff

Post Number: 37
wow thats a great deal you found. No one ever answered me though about the JL 300/2 how can they rate the same watts at 1.5 to 4 ohms?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
I'd take a stab at it and say it'll probaly have some "load sensing" circuit on the amp. It's a nice amp but if you're going for it, you might want to upgrade your speakers. Something rated at 100w RMS ish.

Bronze Member

Flagstaff

Post Number: 38
imma not gonna upgrade quite yet heh, I just bought these and they havent even been delivered yet lol. So you think that the JL is too much for these XR650s?

Bronze Member

Flagstaff

Post Number: 39
I have a stock Integra alternator, and I dont have anything special for a battery. Is 14.4 out of the question?

I dont wanna feel like my speakers could be doing more. Also, I wanna have some reserved power so that I could bridge other two channels for a sub later on. When I do get a sub it will prolly be a single 10" because I am not looking to rattle the car but just get good sound. I am not too sure about sub becuase I am not shopping for them yet. Will the power left over in the 2 channels be enough for a decent 10" Sub? What is the normal impedence for a 10" sub? Thanks guys

Bronze Member

Flagstaff

Post Number: 40
Since they dont offer a 450.4, part of me thinks I should go with 450.2 and get a little below 150w per channel at 4 ohm and 12v.

Bronze Member

Flagstaff

Post Number: 41
little below = 112w x 2 @4ohm 12v (I think)

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 356
KX450.2 does 90w X 2 RMS at 4 ohms with 12.5 volts.

Bronze Member

Flagstaff

Post Number: 42
So from what I have been researching, and correct me if im wrong, the only way to get more than about 90w RMS at 4ohms is to run higher volts than 12. Where are volts turned up? On amp im assuming? I have looked at amps from Eclipse, Kicker, and JL and they all seem to require more than 12v to get their multi channel amps above ~90w RMS. This this seems to be the norm, I am guessing that 90w should be fine otherwise they wouldnt make that their standard in the industry, unless its normal to get more than 12v out of stock alternators. Or are capacitors more common than I think? Alot of questions but I dont think Im the only one with these sort of questions, thanks guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us