Amp Turns OFF when...... I NEED SOME HELP!

Username: Gallop

Fredericton , New Brunswick Canada

Post Number: 9
Ok I got a buddies amp all hooked up in his truck with a new head unit... amp... crossovers... tweeters... and a set of 6.5's in the front doors..

The problem is that when the Tuner is on the amp turns on and works great... powers the front door speakers and the rear factory speakers run off the deck... BUT WHEN... u switch the head unit over to the CD function the amp shuts off and only the rear speakers work...and the door speakers of course shut off.

Why whould this be going on? The amp turning off when the CD function is used...

We messed around with the zone 2 function on the deck and switched the RCA cables around... but still the same stuff is going on...
Would this be a bad head unit ???

Thanks for any help....

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 274
Thats odd i would go to think its your head unit. Because if it work with Tune should work with CD.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
yeh its a very weird deal..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
ok I think I've got it now...

I have the remote wire hooked to the wrong wire on the back of the deck... I've got it to the solid blue wire and not the light blue and white...

Stupid mistake... :-(

Bronze Member
Username: Nocc1n

Louisa, VA US

Post Number: 40
Lol yeah a guy who installs at our shop did that to a amp. And they were all thinkin why it did that whenever they turned it over to the cd player function and I was like check the remote turn on and power antenna its probably hooked to the power ant. instead of the remote. Sure enough thats what it was lol, lil' mistakes never hurt anyone. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
yeh It was a long night also... when we did the install trying to get a set of 6 1/2's into the doors of the 2001 Tundra... that was a pain in the buttt.. making spacers and all... then the door pannels did not fit back on!! man oh man but we finally got everything all in.. then to see this happen I was like WTF...
But like u say a little mistake will never hurt anyone... :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Nocc1n

Louisa, VA US

Post Number: 42
exactly lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us