Jl 1000/1 & W7 Sub Filter settings

Username: Cliotoris

Post Number: 1
I posted a thread yesterday but it hasn't appeared so my appologies if this is the second post like this.

I'd like to think of myself as a bit of an intermediate when working with sound systems, but lets not go there. I will explain the situation.

I've owned a w7 and a 1000/1 amp for awhile now. I like giving it alot of juice which is the reason I bought the setup.

It is currently running at 65hz on LPG and 20hz on subsonic filter. Is it safe to run say 80hz on LPG and remove the subsonic filter when cranking? I'm just thinking about the coil frying or the sub bottoming out. I would be interested to know what other people with this setup are running there's at.

cheers,
gaz

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4646
What kind of box do you have with your W7? Is it sealed or ported? If ported, what is the port's frequency?
Subsonic filter is there to prevent the sub from bottoming out past its tuned frequency.
In a sealed box, you don't really need it.

Post Number: 2
hi there. It's a sealed box with the designed air capacity for the sub. what sort of high pass filter should I be looking to set? 65hz seems abit low as some of the higher bass notes are unheard. Is it safe to run 80hz at high volume?

I bought the sub as I've known for awhile they are one of the best sealed enclosure subs with accuracy and SPL working together. I've also heard they drop like a 15" but keep the punch and higher frequency of a 12". I'm just not completely sure whats healthy for the sub.

cheers,
gaz

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1255
gaz,

set your HPF to ~80hz and turn the sub-sonic filter off (since its in a sealed box)

Post Number: 3
Alright. I'll give it a go.

Thanks again,
gaz
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us