Installing two amps, cap and distribution

Unregistered guest
Alrighty I already know some of this but I'm not sure how to do the rest. So, I started off with two MTX 10" subs and a MTX 421D amp. I then decided to add another 12" sub running from another 421D amp. I plan on running 4awg from the battery to a distribution block that splits into four 8awg. Out of one run 8awg to the cap, and then out of two more run 8awg to each amp, making sure to ground everything. But now is when I get confused, I own a Panasonic CQ-C8301U, which has 3 preamp outputs, I already have one set of RCA's running out to one amp, should I run another set to the other or what? Thanks in advance.

97BuickSklark
Unregistered guest
At the moment I posses two distribution blocks one that is fused and recieves 4awg, splitting into two 8 awg. The other not fused recieves 4awg and splits into four 8 awg. I need to post pictures since I have never used a dblock before. Which one should I use?

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 173
if you have 2 amps just use the 4awg into 2x 8awg
and you dont have to run another set of rca cables if your amp has rca outputs ... you get a small rca cable ... on the primary amp plug the 2nd pair of rca cables to the output rca ports and into the secondary amps input rca ports

Unregistered guest
alrighty this kinda contradicts what someone else told me. I will upload the pictures and tell me if both will work and which one will be better. thanks for the response.One picture is the rca setup and the other is the power setup. Tell me what you think.

97BuickSkylark
Unregistered guest
Alrighty well the other picture will not post. Its the power setup. Hes saying to run 4awg fromt the battery to the cap. then from the cap runing 4awg to the distribution block, spitting it into two 8awg. Then running the 8awg to each of the amps. Wouldn't it block come before the cap? Please help me

Username: Bran2020

Muskegon, MI USA

Post Number: 3
Here is a wiring pic you could use if your amp has an rca output. If not then you will more than likely have to run another set of rca cables from your headunit.

By the way: the pic is a little crappy but it should do the trick.

Username: Bran2020

Muskegon, MI USA

Post Number: 4
Sorry for some reason the pic didnt come up

Anonymous

No, because then you're splitting the 4guage before the amps. You dont want (2) 8 gauge going to the cap.

97BuickSkylark
Unregistered guest
So run two sets of rcas from the headunit, one to each amp. Then run 4awg from the battery to the dis. block which then splits it into four 8awg. Run 8awg to the cap, and both amps, making sure to ground everything. Then for the remote turnon, just split it and run it to each amp or what? Let me know if this works.

97BuickSkylark
Unregistered guest
another question is the amp kit i bought came with two distribution blocks. One is fused and has three inputs for 4awg and only splits into two 8 awg. Why is this? and the other block is not fused and has one input for 4awg and spits into four 8 awg. I would rather use the one that is fused but it only splits into two when I need to run 8awg to three things. Let me know what I should do. Thanks again for all the help!

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 193
i frogot to mention ... take out the cap they dont serve much purpose
im not too sure but i think it has 3 4awg inputs so that if one fuse pops u have backups so you dont loose your music and have to stop the car and replace it

in this case you have to use the second one unless u want to run 2 cables from your battery
place a fuse (total of all ur amps) couple inches away from the battery
run it to your trunk put the dis block on put a fuse block on each 8awg couple inches away from the dis block

97BuickSkylark
Unregistered guest
so i should use both blocks or what? I would like to use the cap so I still going to place that in. Run 4awg a couple of inches then put the fuse and then run 4awg to the trunk, to the fuse block and then the dis block? Run from the dis block 8awg to the cap and each of the amps.

97BuickSkylark
Unregistered guest
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us