Remote Turn On lead help

Username: 99silveradoz71

Minford, Ohio U.S.

Post Number: 1
I have a question about hooking up a stereo in my truck. I have a stock cd player and head unit. I was wondering how to hook up everything. My head unit does not have RCAs. I have the giz widget(cant remember what its called) to hook up the RCAs. What my question is how would I go about hooking up the remote wire? Is there a remote wire already within the bundle of wires coming from the stock unit? Thanks Alot

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 269
You can use a power antenna wire, if the unit has one, but It really should already have a remote lead, even with a stock deck.

Also, if that fails, you could just run a wire from your ignition wire.. Or even from the accessory fuse (they make special hookups for this, to put before the fuse in the panel).

Seth

Username: 99silveradoz71

Minford, Ohio U.S.

Post Number: 2
The remote lead from the stock unit should still be blue, correct? Also, could I put a toggle switch on the remote wire so that I would be able to shut it off at anytime?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 440
I had a togle switch in my remote lead in one of my older systems. didn't have any problems. don't know any details on whether its a good thing or not though.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 276
It might be blue. But I cant say for sure. Never trust coloring.. try using a 12v test light.. see if it lights up when you turn the deck on. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us