Help please, i need help ASAP

Bronze Member
Username: Wink07

Post Number: 35
i just finished hooking up my amp (kicker kx 600.1) and my subs (kicker comps) and when i did i got power to it, and the lights lit up and everything, but there was no sound. I am about 100% positive i wired everything correct, so im really dumbfounded. please help

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4581
Check your RCA cable. It could be loose or not hooked up.
Check the polarity of your subs. It could be reversed.

Bronze Member
Username: Dankum

Post Number: 66
check your hp lp setting

Bronze Member
Username: Wink07

Post Number: 36
well i checked the RCAs and i didnt check the sub polairity, but ill do that, and what do you mean when you refer to the hp lp.....adn by the way, the courds i hooked up, which im pretty sure all i need, is the RCA, the turn on cord to the head unit, the power cord, the ground, and a remote bass control, which isnt necessary, and of course the speakers.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 286
Isaac,

Can reversed polarity really cause no sound to be delivered? I've never ran across that. I've heard speakers sound really "weak" because of this, but I've never seen them fail to produce sound.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4583
Sometimes it's pretty close to having no sound at all. Especially if a song contained very little bass to begin with.
However, it's most likely, the input stage is not geting any signal from the HU or the sub wires could be loose.
He could just have a bad amp too.

Bronze Member
Username: Dropp

Ocala, Florida US

Post Number: 15
Check your fader settings on your HU.

Username: Bran2020

Muskegon, MI USA

Post Number: 2
What he meant by hp and lp was the high and low pass filters on your amp. Not all amps have this. Some just have a nob you can turn to change the frequency that will go to your subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us