2 speakers to 1 channel?

SlaYa
Unregistered guest
Hey, is it possible to hook up let's say two 100w speakers to one channel on the amp which is 200w?

What i'm trying to do is amp my front speakers(100w each) while amp'ing my sub(400w) at the same time.

I wish I could find a decently cheap amp that did this, but most amp's are 200x4 instead of 2x 100, 2x 200

thanks, any input would help.

Anonymous

blah blah blah im a dirty tramp

SlaYa
Unregistered guest
anyways...

i have another quick question!

If I connect 2 amps.. say 1 amp is about 300 watts and the other is 400watts, could I get away with only running 1 power wire from my battery and then split it? or would I just be better off running 2?

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 130
Yes you could but it has to be done right i know it cant be but i dont know how.

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 238
im a dirty tramp LOL whats that about.

anyways

Yes, you will want to run 1 power wire from the battery to your trunk into a distrubition block. Then your run power wires off the distro block to the amps. Do a www.google.com to find companies that sell them.

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 177
http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=BC-1448
4 awg from your battery to dist block two 8awg from dist block to your amps and your fuses of course.....

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 165
well u could get a 100x4 amp use the first 2 channels for the speakers and use the last 2 channels and bridge them and that gives u your 4 ohms
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us