Is this good or bad?

Unregistered guest
Iam planning on buying this Sub, the L7 15". Its has 2000w 1000rms, its dual 4ohms. it powers 500rms on each side. Does that mean, it has 2ohms on each side.

Also, i want to hook it up with this amp mono MTA6001. it rates 300rmsx1 at 4ohms 600rmsx1 at 2ohms. If i connect them with only amp, woul di be getting 300 or 600 rms from the sub? would i be better off getting 2 amps to get all the 1000rms? also, how good will this sub, sound, would it be clean, how loud, would i be very please with it? Its going into a hyundai accent 00, and couple of months later, it will be moving into a scion tc. i guess its pretty comfusing all of it but i'll appreciate all of your help.

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 674
Well first off, that configuration with dual 4 ohms coils will give you 2 or 8 ohms, so you want to run that sub in Parallel so you get 2 ohms. Also, that amp is not strong enough, if that sub runs 1000 wrms. Why buy 2 amps? Just get one good one!

guanatos
Unregistered guest
which amp would you recommend? would it be better off a mono 1 channel, or 2-channel amp, but will the sound be clean, i know it would be loud, but how would the SQ be?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us