Help on Alternator

Username: Bigatna

Colorado United States

Post Number: 7
After reading quite a few of these threads I realized that I'm going to need an alternator. I've looked around and so far haven't found a website or dealer that sells HO Alternators. Right now i have a 2001 ford ranger and am going to need around 250 amp alternator if anyone could help that would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1991
www.excessiveamperage.com
www.4alterstart.com
www.ohiogen.com(highest quality, and highest price)

they are not rated in order of quality either.:-)

Excessive Amperage
Unregistered guest
What makes you say Ohio Gen is the highest quality ? My alternators are custom built from the best parts available - you cant beat that. As well as very competitive pricing. nathanpeddicord@yahoo.com

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10744
Ohio Generator has been in business for over a quarter of a century, and they do excellent work.
Ohio Gen and Wrangler have made top notch alternators for competition since before I started competing in the late 80s.

That reminds me Nathan, you never returned any of my calls or e-mails.
It oesn't really matter how good your product is, if the customer can't buy one.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2341
at least i recommended you, seeing as though i have never dealt with you or know you, but i have read many other people's posts regarding your alternators and they seemed very happy.

so be happy.
besides that when most people compare prices, don't they normally choose you anyway?
note where i said not in order of quality. so that meant you were the first one i thought of. and if a man of GW's background recommends Ohio Gen over all of the other brands, then i think that would be the one i would pick to have the best reliability/build quality. no offense.
chill out man.

Excessive Amperage
Unregistered guest
I am not upset over the issue. I am just saying that we probably use the same parts in our alternators being their is only 2 main companies who have high quality parts - Renard and Transpo both sold and owned by WAI - the largest supplier in the world (I build their high output alternator for them). I return all emails unless they are sent to my junk mail - they are automatically deleted. I have only been in business for 3 1/2 years on my own with over 13 years building. Look at my reputation in just 3 1/2 years ! I think I have the best quality alternators for the money by far, and like I always say - I take pride in my work and build each alternator as if it were going on my personal vehicle. GlassWolf - email me at nathanpeddicord@yahoo.com or call me at 1-334-791-6272 I will hook you up for your troubles in getting up with me. Again, I am not trying to start a debate or question anyone's products, after all - you cant stay in business if you build junk ! I will never degrade any of my competitors.

Username: Excessiveamps

Dothan, Alabama Good Ol' U.S...

Post Number: 1
By the way, MuddyWaters - thanks for the plug.

james teague
Unregistered guest
hes good, but he takes way too long, say one date changes it to another. if youre ever in a rush, dont chooose nathan. be careful with nates alt, after a months the regulator goes out.

Post Number: 2
The only time I have had a delay is when the stator has to be hand wound - you probably had a Mitsubishi or something that the stators are wound by hand. Did you have a problem with your alternators regulator going out ? If so was it taken care of ? I dont remember you calling or emailing me about a problem. Why post negative things about me saying to be careful about my alternators ? Everyone will get a defective part sometimes ! MOST ALTERNATORS ARE SHIPPED WITHIN 2 DAYS - DO YOU WANT THE PAPERWORK TO PROVE IT ? James, Dont post bad things unless you try to get something taken care of and I dont come through - has that happened to you, I dont think so !

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4773
Nate, don't take it too seriously. Most on here that have used you, are content with your service.
James Teague, you should always give a guy a chance to solve problem before back stabbing.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4775
And good to see you're registered Nate, now people won't have to ask us where to buy alternators. You can respond to those.
Just remember, they ask that question from just about from everywhere, not just under accessories.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2372
your welcome.:-O

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 314
I've delt with Nathan quite a bit. His customer service is definately FAR above average in my experience, I'd even venture to say excellent without hesitation. I recently had an alternator he made go out on me, and he's paying for shipping both ways, UPS, to fix the problem.

Also - I dont know who is saying he takes a long time, but he had my alternator in the mail on the monday after I called him (on a friday evening). Got my alternator with no problems, as promised. (for a 1999 Firebird with a 3.8l)

I would definately recomend Excessive Amperage to anyone, personally.

Post Number: 3
Thanks guys. I will try to check on different topics as I get time, Maybe I can be of some help sometimes. Does anyone know how to upload pics on here ? I was going to put pics of my Camaro as I get it built.....?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2428
go down to the bottom and click on the button that says "Upload images or attachments"

and then you select the photos.

but the one thing is, that it will not accept a photo that is more than 600x600 pixels wide, or one that is over 100kb in size.

so you will have to compress them in a picture studio or something.

Post Number: 4
Thanks MuddyWaters. I will see if i can get one shrunk.

Silver Member

Post Number: 331
Nate, if you want you can email them to me, and I'll email'm back right away.. (you have my email, I'm the guy with the 1999 3.8 firebird)

Heh heh...here's a pic of an alternator Nathan made me.

Upload

heh heh... here's one of it compared to my stock one.

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 332
Also..just to clarify about my earlier post.. The reason my alternator went out, wasnt even really Nathans fault..it was a part that only a couple people even make, so the same thing could have happened with an alternator from, say, OhioGen. And I dont know many places that warranty the item, and pay for return shipping if there is a problem.. (I know some do, but definately not most)

Heh heh - Nathan does have an accent tho! ;) Can tell he's from the south. *grin*

Post Number: 9
Hey Seth, Can you email me and I will hit you back in a minute ? I have to powdercoat an alt real quick. nathanpeddicord@yahoo.com

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10785
Nathan, don't worry about that one guy. He didn't put anything for an email, didn't register.. may as well have posted anonimously. he sounds like some random troll.

I'll get in touch with you in a bit about the alternator. got a chromer you can use for the casing? I'm a bit busy with other things for the moment but I'll get in touch when things calm down.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Unless he used a fake name, he did not get an alternator from me, I cant find a James Teague in my paperwork. Hit me up at nathanpeddicord@yahoo.com when you get a chance and we can talk about that alternator or you can get me at excessive amps on AIM.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10798
added. I'll catch ya on aim later today most likely.

danke

Bronze Member
Username: Mattc6465

Post Number: 29
whats the highest ammount of watts that you can use without having to install a new alt?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2449
on average it is 200-300wRMS. on average.

sometimes it is less, sometimes it is more, depends on the size of your stock alt.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us