What amp do i need for my 12'' l5 solo-baric???

Username: Nme

Post Number: 1
I just bought a brand-new kicker solo-baric 12'' from a friend. The 4 ohm one. (Just one) I'm wondering what kind of amp I need to push it. I was looking at both the 400.2 and the 600.1 kicker amps.

But im confused about how it says 200 at 4 ohms and 400 at 2 ohms and all of that. I'm just wondering what would push it decently for a good price.

My other question is why on certain sites and eBay you can find new kicker 600.1 amps for about 250 but on other sites they sell for 500$ thanks

Mark

Bronze Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 15
get the kx600.1...it will give you a true 600 watts at 2 ohms, and taht is what your is the load that your sub will present to the amp...

just wire the sub in parallel and you'll have it set purfectly!!!

as for the prices....you can get them on ebay for bout $250 because you wont get a factory warranty...the sites that sell them for $500 may be authorized kicker dealers and you will recieve a factory waranty if you buy from them.

also....if your looking at putting that sub in a sealed box you may wanna go w/ a JBL BP600.1...you can find them on ebay for about 200 shipped...

also even if you buy on ebay...you can get a warranty...ebay will "sell" you coverage on just about any item new or used...

i bought a kx600.4 on ebay for about 200 and paid ebay 25 for a waranty, the seller sent me a dead amp and wouldnt return any emaills or calls...glad i bout the ebay warranty....i just sent the amp to ebay and they sent a $200 check!!!

Username: Nme

Post Number: 2
i was planning on making the ported box with the plans from the kicker website. which one will pound harder? a sealed box or the ported one?

and thanks ALOT for the help

Big DIc Balla
Unregistered guest
a ported box will be louder buti'd get buy vented box if i were u....seems like squares sound the best in vented boxes and for the amp i'd get a kicker KX 400.1 u can find them for about $215 on ebay brand new

Bronze Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 17
the kx600.1 would be a great amp for hte sub if you use a vented box.....the plans on the kicker site would be good too.

but have you ever built a box???if not you may wanna buy one....a good box can an in many cases WILL make all the difference!!!

Username: Bgbdwlf42

Post Number: 1
WHAT AMP SHOULD I USE FOR TWO SOLOBARIC L7 10'S
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us