US AMPS

Bronze Member
Username: Gibson5469

Post Number: 24
Anyone ever heard of US AMPS, a company based out of Florida? Their website is www.usamps.com

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1860
YES!!!
they used to be one of the best amps in the biz.
but they got bought out by some Japanese company, and their products have taken a fall in quality.
one of the installers at my audioshop sent back seven of their IS series amps in a row. the customer was very unimpressed.
if you can get your hands on one of their older model amps that is still new, then you have found a "bulletproof" amp as they say.:-O

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1861
if i'm not mistaken they used to be based out of Gainesville, which is about a 45 minute ride from my house.

Username: Richlaw

San Marcos, TX USA

Post Number: 2
I use to own their old four channel tube amp, the TU-4360. Truly an excellent amp, and to my ear it was better than then the Zapco 3.0 competition series my friend has-in fact after he recieved his amp and hooked up I could tell he still felt my tube amp was better-the proof, He just bought a Mcintosh amp

duckman996
Unregistered guest
Great, wish I had read this before I bought an IS4085. Has the quality dropped off that much? or was your customer pushing the amp really hard Muddy? What company would you equate them with quality-wise currently?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2100
the head installer ordered sent back 5 of their IS series amps, and then he ordered 2 or their merlin series, and they were fine, and he told the guy to call back(who lived in Daytona, about an hour and a half away) to tell him if the amps were working good or bad, and the guy never called back, so i figured they crapped the bed, and he decided not to deal through us or US amps anymore.

its a shame, b/c i bought one of their amps and still have it in my car blastin on my mids and highs(USA 4300X), and i have never had ANY problems with this amp, and it will get hotter than the sun(not anymore b/c i finally got a bass amp lol) and never shut off.

the rep said that out of all of the amps they had sent out, that they had only had a VERY small return rate, and he said we were part of that return rate, but when it comes to satisfying customers.........5 amps in a row is rediculous.

oh and in my first post, i meant 5 not 7, he sent back 5 of the IS series before getting 2 of the merlins. which doesn't make sense, b/c on their website, it looks like the IS series is their middle-line amps, but idk.

not sure what i would rate them to, i would like to have some experience with their AX series though, but we dropped them as a dealer.
that reminds me, i have one of their old-school banners in the backseat of my car! lol

Username: Richlaw

San Marcos, TX USA

Post Number: 5
I have being hearing that a lot lately with regards to quality...I only had experience with the old school tube amp, and it was great. I had an Xtant x604 with the EQ module. That was pretty good amp, but it took a lot of tuning with the amp, the EQ module and my deck to get that good sound-but it was good though slightly harsh. The Tube amp was great from the good go, without any Equing
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us