Multiple Amps

Bronze Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 30
I'm gonna hook up a 4 channel and Mono amp to a factory HU. Do I need any extra equipment?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 725
Yes, your going to need a RCA converter, you tie it into the speaker wire and turns them into RCAs. I personally wouldn't recommend hooking amps up to the stock unit, but that's just me. I don't think you are going to get the sound you would like.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 31
Well it's only temporary. I want to get a decent DVD HU + it's a 6 disc Cd changer built in + it's double Din. It'll probably only be in there for another month or two.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 41
Do I also need a distribution black?

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 329
Yeah you will need a dist. block. also the rca converter is cheap, can find it at radio shack....depending on the install it can work temprarily, but you should look into the new HU asap.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 42
I'm going for a stinger dist. block. Ebay for around 20 + shipping. Found a streetwires 1/0 guage input 8 or 4 guage ouput x 4 and ground terminals x 4. $60.00 but seems worth it.

I'm thinking of hooking up my amps on the hood of my trunk any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudio

Post Number: 30
I got an audiohbahn 400RMS Mono channel amp and a Lanzar 600RMS 2 channel amp now i wana put thoes together to try run the Visonik 12inch 1500 watt sub that i got how would i run that then? Same way? Well guess not since its to a sub and not HU.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us