Old punch 40 and New Subs

Username: Stevehume

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I have an old punch 40 amp (the good ones) and i just bought 2 new 10" Infinity SVC subs (1030W) and i was wondering what is the best way to hook them up with my old amp???

thanks
Steve

Post Number: 2
does anyone have any idea? I want to install tonight... please????

Bronze Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 76
cant really help you but you should post the specs on your AMP and subs so people will KNOW exaclty how to help ya out!

Post Number: 3
hi thanks...

what im really getting at is, this old punch 40, does anyone know if i can hook up these SVC subs (250rms) in parallel? is it 2 ohm stable? or how else can i hook them up?

thank you very much for any consideration.
Steve

Post Number: 4
anyone?

Bronze Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 64
do what mike said

i i asked you can you fix my car, and didn't tell you what was happening do you think you can help me......................................no

so tell us the specs please

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1507
I've owned Punch 40's, 75's and 150's and yes they are 2 ohm stable but ONLY in stereo. Bridging a 40 to a 2 ohm load wouldn't be wise.

BTW watt for watt that lil amp is hard to beat in a bass application. Had a friend with a pair of Series 1 12's in a standard cab Ranger. Were a bit sloppy but got plenty loud.

-Fishy

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1508
Oh forgot to mention they were 4 ohm subs so were only getting 20 watts each from the Punch 40. Apparently those Series 1's were pretty efficient.

-Fishy

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1509
Oh you said punch 40. I was thinking 45, oops. Unless you're talking about one of Fosgate's very first amps circa ~1983(pre Punch 45) then I don't have any experience with the amp, but the same goes. I wouldn't recommend bridging the thing into a 2 ohm load.

Sorry about the confusion.

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us