Can JL1000/1 and Kole1920 power subs in same box?

Anonymous

The car is '95 Acura Legend 4DR
I have JL 1000/1 powering two dual 4ohm Alpine Type Rs (500w RMS/1500 Peak) mounted together in a ported box [00] (don't know how they are wired, had them installed professionally) 5 farad power cap and a 2GA wire running from the battery. Also I have 600watt Pyramid amp running off the same power cap, which is powering my inside speakers. I've heard that these subs and this amp should go great together, however my SPL is nowhere near what I expected it would be and people who hear my system all agree with me. I have a Kole Audio 1920 amp (1x 880 RMS mono), not installed, which I was planning to sell, here's a link for it http://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/1300
My question is, firstly should JL 1000/1 be enough for my subs? if yes, then something is wrong with the wiring of my subs. And secondly, if nothing is wrong with the wiring of my subs then would it work to have one sub powered by JL 1000/1 and the other one powered by Kole 1920?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 713
The 1000/1 should be more than enough for those Type R's, and you should be getting some pretty good SPL along with SQ. You said that you got all this stuff installed professionally? They should have known what they are doing, but you never know, I would take it back to them and tell them to fix it.

Also if your head unit has a subwoofer output level, try messing with that a little bit, it could be set on the lowest setting or something.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 716
BTW, please don't double post, it just gets people pissed off.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 849
Might add to that Kole Audio are manufactured by Power Acoustik so Jl & Kole are like completely @ different ends of the scale .....

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10549
pyramid and kole are total crap.
jl makes very good amplifiers.
you may want to replace that pyramid and stick with JL for all of your power.
if the subs aren't hitting hard enough, consider coupling the trunk air with the cabin air by venting your package shelf so the trunk air where the subs are, gets through to the cabin where passengers are.

Anonymous

Thank you very much gentlemen! Sorry for the double post.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us