Simple amp question, please!

slaya
Unregistered guest
Hey, I have a Pioneer DEH-2700 HU and I would like to amplify my 4 car speakers with an external amp.

The headunit only has one amp preout.

I am wondering, if I get a 4 channel amp is it possible to connect my 4 speakers (fronts and rears) to the amplifier and have it actually recognize the fronts and rears as themselves?

what i'm trying to say is.. if the song fades from front to rear, would the speakers fade from front to rear if I amplify them externaly?

I was wondering maybe the "speaker level inputs" would help me achive this but i'm not sure?

thanks guys.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1801
The speaker level inputs will sound worse.

Your situation is unfortunate, but a new headunit can be had for less than $100 from ebay with all the necessary pre-outs.

Right now your cheapest option is to simply buy two Y-interconnects to split the single pre-out into two channels-but the fader won't function as you have already mentioned.

slaya
Unregistered guest
damn, so, if I just powered my front components (100watts rms) from the head unit (21watts rms/45watt peak) would it still sound pretty nice?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4424
Slaya, what you can do is use 1 pair of rca for the fronts and use the speaker level for the rears. It just means you will need 2 amps.
And yes, it will fade front to rear and vise versa.
Anything will be better than your HU.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 845
this should be helpful

http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/activexo.htmlUpload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us