Amplifier RMS question?

Brad from PA
Unregistered guest
Ok i am geting 2kicker solo L7's and a hifonics brutis amp 1200 watts at 1 ohm x 1 ...i was wondering if i hooked my speakers in parallel if the wattage per speaker would be 600 rms b/c thats what the speakers are rated for and they are to expensive to blow out lol.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 771
If u haven't heard by now - Hifonics amps are overated . They put out according to a few tests done - about 70% actual rms .
Its a brand for ppl who don't have much $ . So u do the math & pick a model that @ 70% of advertised power will give u the power u need .........

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 648
Brad, I had a similiar set-up way back, and save your $ and try and get something other then the Hifonics~

Brad from PA
Unregistered guest
well what if i got a ma audio hk-1998 1200 watts at 1 ohm ?

Brad from PA
Unregistered guest
and will that give me 600 watts to each speaker if i hooked it up liek i said parallel?

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 799
well this link has been posted like a million times now but i guess i have to post it again for your benefit

http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

brad from PA
Unregistered guest
sorry im not hardcore like you are Rovin...we can't all be as car audio masters like you

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 822
I never meant to come off sounding offensive dude but a few times i posted that link a few ppl said they were tired of seeing it .

I am trying to help u could cause if someone else told u thats not a good brand then u'd be asking about another .
Never said i'm hardcore or master @ anything - just trying to help from whatever little i do know ... Upload

Brad from PA
Unregistered guest
aight well i guess it just came off wrong lol sorry about the mix up

Brad from PA
Unregistered guest
aight well i guess it just came off wrong lol sorry about the mix up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us