RF 451S AMP 2ND POST

Bronze Member
Username: Texasseville

TEXAS U.S.A.

Post Number: 13
SOMEBODY KEEPS TROLLING IN MY OTHER POST SO SORRY I HAVE TO START THE SAME POST AGAIN
================================================

I have a Rockford Fosgate 451s POWER series amp

im running 1 sub w/ it and its been working fine for almost a year now

all of the sudden I kept blowing fuses at my battery that goes to my amp

it got so bad that when the fuse even touched the holder it would blow before I could even get it put in the fuse holder

I know its grounded properly so I changed the fuse holder and no more blown fuses

BUT

now my amp doesnt seem to be sending any power to my sub...the sub has sound coming from it but NO bass at all and I can turn my stereo up loud but it doesnt effect the sub its still sounds quiet w/ NO BASS

on the rf amp theres the RF logo that lights up blue, i was thinking maybe my amp might be blown but the RF logo still lights up???

I though it could be my sub, but I hooked my sub up to my other car and it works perfectly fine

do yall think I blew my amp???

if so how could I send it to RF to get it fixed??

thanks for any help!

Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1
i'm guessing that it is still not under warranty since the amp is a couple years old, right, or did you purchase it less than a year ago. you will most likely have to provide a bill of sale. contact RF by phone or email and see what they say.

Bronze Member
Username: Texasseville

TEXAS U.S.A.

Post Number: 19
hey Mark

yeah its more than a year old

i looked on RF's website but I didnt see anything about sending amps in to get repaired??

do you know of anyone on this site that knows how to fix amps....maybe I could send my amp to them and pay to have it fixed if its fairly cheap

Hey I was also thinking on that RF amp theres no fuses on the amp itself like most other amp out there...so im thinking if that amp wouldve had fuses would this have happened, and wonder why the amp didnt shut down before messing up now???

oh well maybe something will come up

Thanks for the reply though~~!!

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us