4 15's can figure out how much power they get?

Unregistered guest
For my new sysytem i'm buying 4 15 L7's dual 4 ohms but i still don't know how power each sub would if i wired them in parallel all together to get a 1/2 ohm load to a 1800 watt ma audio amp. the amp is stable down to 1/2 ohm but i've been reading many forums and don't know if this would be like getting 1800 watts to each sub or would the 1800 watts be distributed among the four. someone please help.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1030
if you put more than 1 sub on a mono amp, the power will be distributed to each sub.

ex: 1000wrms mono amp + 2 dvc 4ohm subs= 500wrms per sub.

oh, and as for that MA amp...MA isnt known for producing their rated power. The 1800w may really be like 1000w.

I have some questions for you:

-Do you realize how loud 4 properly installed and properly power L7 15's would be?

-Do you realize how hard (and expensive) it will be to properly power 4 L7 15's?

-What kinda of vehicle do you have?

-How much are you really willing to spend on amps, alts, batts, etc?

-How loud do you wanna be? (what kinda system's are you used to hearing? What systems did you consider "loud"?)

JoseLuis
Unregistered guest
I already have 15 l7 in a ported box with a power acoustik 1920 watt amp so i guess i'll just buy another 3 (thanks for the info)and I loved but I'm kind of in a constant competion with my uncle and cousins so i just want something that they won't be able to beat easily. Yes i pretty much calculated that i would be spending about $2800. Oh yeah and the car is a mazda mx-3.

Username: Btownsoccerstud

SC USA

Post Number: 3
well if i were you i would upgrade my alternator get at least 4 gauge wires get a couple of capacitors and then get 1 RF Power 1 channel T30001bd that will give you 3000 watt rms at 1 ohm load now i dont realize how you calculated 2800 dollars for everything unless you dont want to get all the potential out of your L7's because you can easily overpower these by 100 watt rms and they will be fine so you might want to recalculate your budget

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 231
Amazing....simply amazing.

JoseLuis
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the suggestion I probably will get the alternator but I really don't like RF amplifiers but 3000rms is less then if i get a another 3 Power acoustiks at 880 rms each for a grand total of 3520 rms and 7680 max.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 185
heh....max means nothing. Also, Poewr Acoustik definately over-rates their amps.. You're probably getting like 65% of what they claim... Remember that before assuming what they list, is the actually RMS wattage.

Username: Btownsoccerstud

SC USA

Post Number: 6
Yes Seth is true Power Acoustik and Legacy and Pyramid are all horrible amps they way overrate there amps the reason why i suggested RF is because i know there numbers are accurate but you also can get kicker orion audiobahn any name brand basically are all accurate

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 233
Audiobahn accurately rates their amps?

JoseLuis
Unregistered guest
I rather get ppi amps but are the numbers accurate in those?

JoseLuis
Unregistered guest
do think that 2 earthquake phd2 shredder (3000w max 2000rms) amps would be good a good choice to run the 15's?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 735
Audiobahn does not acurately rate there amps, neither do RF, unless you have the brand new this years models. PPI is supposed to be a good brand and make great amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us