Can Someone Clearify This?? :S

Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 4
I have a Rockford Fosgate P3001 amp, and I am running it in bridged mode for one sub. The amp has 2 "speaker spots" and I have them bridged for 1 sub. My birthsheet says that it's putting out 241 RMS @ 4ohms per channel, and 388 RMS @ 2ohms channels combined. My question is: Did my amp automatically turn into 2 ohm mode when I bridged them? Or is my RMS wattage going to be 482 (241 X 2) into 1 Sub. I am very confuzed on what power I am feeding my sub. By the way, my sub is SVC if that means anything. Any help from Anyone is greatly appreatiated!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 74
its a mono amp
meaning it only has pair of speaker terminals (1 positive 1 negative)
you amp drops ohms depending on how you wire your subwoofer
also u cant bridge a mono sub
your sub is single voice coil and if you only have 1 sub that means u can only wire it 1 way
and i dont they make 2 ohm single voice coils so you have a 4 .. in order to get the maximum out of you amplifier you would have to buy another of your type of sub and wire it like this
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =2&impedance=SVC4
first diagram
but what type of subwoofer is it because if your underpowering it that means its not gettin its true power and i would sell it and get a new one

MisterMorse
Unregistered guest
I looked up the P3001 and it shows it to be a mono amp. Are you sure you have the right model number? Anyway if your sub is a 4 ohm sub then it should be supplying 150 watts (or so) at 4ohms or 300 watts at 2ohms. What model sub is it?

LM

MisterMorse
Unregistered guest
Beat me to the post button Robert. On another note about underpowering. Just because a sub can handle let's say 300 watts RMS and it's only getting 200 watts RMS that doesn't mean that it won't play well or play efficiently.

LM

Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 5
I appreatiate the help guys, but I think I may have my problem solved. I contacted RF and they said that there was a misprint on my amp, which is why the word bridge is there. All that trouble to find a misprint!! I appreatiate the help anyways!!

Anonymous

THE WORD IS SPELT - APPRECIATE .......lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us