What size amp?

Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 2
i have a Q power 12" deluxe series sub with a max of 1200 watts and 600 rms with dual voice coil. i have a boss rt745 1000 watt amp. i havent put this amp on the sub yet so i am wondering if it will be able to power the sub or if i need to find another amp. thanks for the help.

Comp98
Unregistered guest
Here are the specs on your amp:
Max power, 2 ohm: 250w x 4
RMS power, 4 ohm: 100w x 4
RMS power, 2 ohm: N/A
Bridged power, 4 ohm: 500w x 2

I would use this amp to power your components and get a descent Mono D class amp that can handle 600 watt RMS at 2 or 4 ohm load. If you want amp recommendations you need to say if your sub is 2 or 4 ohm DVC.
Wiring options are here:
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =1&impedance=DVC2x2
Then match RMS of SUB to RMS output of AMP

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 3
the sub was given to me. practically brand new. i know it works because the guy i got it from had it in his car for a couple days. but i dont have the specs on the speaker. so how else do i find out how many oms the sub is?

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 4
the sub was given to me practically brand new, but the guy who gave it to me didnt put the specs papers in the box when he gave it to me. how else couple i find out what the ohms are?

Need4Bass
Unregistered guest
Use a DMM and measure across a single coil.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 827
Digital Multi-Meter if you know how to run one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CAR-AUDIO-12-Q-POWER-SUBWOOFER_W0QQitemZ5808963501QQcate goryZ50567QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If that's it, it's 4ohm. And that is a CHEAP sub, and a CHEAP amp. I would recommend getting something different...

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 5
no thats not my sub. mine is all black with a silver Q in the center. and the rubber ring around the cone is ALOT thicker. my friend bought the sub for $200 from an audio shop in baton rouge,la. but i am pretty sure my sub is 4 ohm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us