GW, Jon, Isaac: If You Had To Choose....

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1251
which amp would you choose to run a single IDMAX or a pair of DLS Iridium subs.

Class D Treo SSXD 750.1?
375wRMS @ 4ohms
750wRMS @ 2ohms
1500wRMS @ 1ohm

or

Class A/B DLS Ultimate A6?
500wRMS @ 4ohms
870wRMS @ 2ohms
1200wRMS @ 1ohm

i will have to spend a little more money to get the DLS, but is it worth the extra money?
Tell me your thoughts.
(i started a thread about this yesterday, but it sinks down the thread list like an anchor.):-( lol
Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10389
the DLS may be a bit cleaner, but the Treo should be smaller, it'll draw less current, give more power, and produce less heat.. so overall the Treo is really the better amp for the job.. all things considered.

Both are terrific amps though, and purely based on SQ and such I'd take the DLS, but the Treo is the better 'deal'

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4302
I hate to tell you this, but Zapco C2K 6.0 sold for $502 on eBay couple of weeks ago. That amp is better than both of them.
If you're strictly into SQ, then DLS is better. However, DLS is around $550. If you saved a bit more, you could've had Zapco C2K 9.0 amp. On the average they sold for $900 on eBay.

Bronze Member
Username: Biteworms

Clearwater, Florida United States

Post Number: 16
FYI. DLS Ultimate A6 $399 via Froogle
https://www.cbrstereo.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1015

Bronze Member
Username: Biteworms

Clearwater, Florida United States

Post Number: 17
Update: Shipping is only 20$ for me, Muddy, so it'll either be the same or less for you.

PS. Any idea when Audionutz will get any IDMAXs in? Nobody I talk to has any, damn back-order. It'd definately be worth making the 300+ mile trip to get my hands on one.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1252
i will be getting either amp at dealer cost + shipping, and that is why i won't get a Zapco, but the Treo won't be available for another 4 weeks, and the DLS is in stock.:-)

other than the usual "shpeil" about how class D's are better for subs and more efficient and smaller, i am not worried about that i have plenty of space, i was wondering which is a better amplifier, build quality wise? would i be better off to wait and get the Treo or go ahead and buy the DLS now?

sorry w0rmbites, we don't have any in stock, so they would probably be on back order here to.:-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us