HOW TO USE THIS?

Silver Member
Username: Pikesh

Post Number: 207
This may be a very simple n stupid question but how do i use circuit tester. i saw some technitians use this , they tap it on the top of fuse n it lights up so i brought it. so how do i exactly use this... i can check the fuses under the hood but how do i check the fuses that are in the car...? where do i connect that terminal thing that commes with it.. the lcip on wire came with it which i connect to postive terminla but where to connect wen IN car... like under the steering wheel . the fuse box is near the firewall.. where i run the power cable.. that spot..

rideredder
Unregistered guest
the clamp for the circuit tester can be clamped to pretty much anything that is a sufficiant ground, (metal), on your car. the two prongs of the fuse are exposed on the top of the fuse. there are some fuses that have power sent to them when the car is off too.
are you looking for fuse for the HU or an amp?
i personally like having it so i can have my radio on without the subs if i turn the key back to ACC, without having my battery go dead after five minutes. or you can keep the car running and let it overheat and spend tons of money on blown radiators and water pumps.
learned my lesson real quick on that one.

Silver Member
Username: Pikesh

Post Number: 210
if you car is at acc meaning just 1 step back from being started, then you battery wont die??? cuz i was just listenning to music while waiting for someone in my car and i coudnt start my car, cuz the amp sucked up the battery... but the car was just at like first stage.. like you know how we turn the key first time , n few things like HU turns on, at that stage..

rideredder
Unregistered guest
i am saying that you can run your REM wire to a fuse in the fuse box so your amp won't turn on when you have the key turned back, but it will turn on with the key foward and when the car is running. your battery could still go dead if you leave the radio on too long without starting your car, but the amp draws so much more power than your HU ever will.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us