Need some wattage

Bronze Member
Username: Secretsoundz

St. Paul, Mn USA

Post Number: 24
I have 2 MA audio MA1200xl's.
600 rms each dual 4 ohms. Haven't broken them in yet.

I really want 1200+ RMS (1 ohm mono) from one of the following:

MA Audio HK401SX

Hifonics BX1205D

The MA amp would fit my theme, but a class D hifonics seems pretty efficient. These brands arent highly recommended but MA has descent amps correct?

I don't want to spend more than $275 and I want a clean 1200watts.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 630
U must have not seen this thread
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/162042.html

Bronze Member
Username: Secretsoundz

St. Paul, Mn USA

Post Number: 25
No I didn't thanks though.

Someone in that thread put MA amps in the same class as legacy/pyle...whah?

MA amps arent top of the line but they sure aint terrible. Hifonics sounds good for less than $300 I'm still undecided though...

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 205
MA Audio was once Mobile Authority. Most people say their current line is just as bad as their Mobile Authority products from years ago, and I know they were considered junk back in the day.

If you go with Hifonics, you'll probably need to choose one of their mono amps that is rated much higher than what you need. One of the members here saw a bench test of the BX1500D and the actual output was a little less than 1000w RMS, which is more than 500w less than the rating that Hifonics gives the amp. In other words, that BX1205D probably has an output that is far less than 1200w RMS.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 634
Lets say u go with Hifonics - heres a theory , if the 1500w model actually puts out 1000 then thats 2/3 of the rated figure , so if u get this model http://discountsjungle.com/hibx1818wacl.html
then 2/3 of 1800 will give the 1200 u need . To play it on the safe side & give the amp some headroom get the 2000D model then .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us