Amp for CF12

Username: Jmaahs07

Post Number: 6
I recieved 2 coustic 12" carbon fiber subs from my cousin and i want to get an amp for them here is a link with the specs
http://www.coustic.com/products/subwoofers/CF124.cfm
any idea for an amp would be great, i dont have to much money to spend so im trying to keep it 300 and below, but the cheaper the better.thanks
jay

Username: Renegadetx513

Post Number: 5
alright jay..u need a 800watt 2 channel amp..profile would work pretty good for u to..its good quality and not that high of a price...http://www.millionbuy.com/prfcl800.html

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1221
how many channels your amp has
has absoltuely nothing to do with how many subs you can wire to it.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 211
And you are usually better off with a mono amp since the 2-channel is more than likely an A/B Class amp and not as efficient as a Class D mono amp.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1222
there are stereo and multi-channel amps so that the same sounds arent played in both the left and right channel, if both of the left and right channels are combined it plays as one channel a.k.a. mono.
kinda like if you changed your bedroom cd player from mono to stereo, and the electric guitar comes out of the left speaker and the bass guitar comes out of the right speaker instead of both of the guitars playing in both speakers, it gives the music more depth.

but when it comes to subs, it is better in my opinion to play them on a mono amp b/c otherwise the two channels are always fighting for power and one sub will always play louder than the other.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1223
unless you get a high-power monoblock class a/b amp. like GW has running 2 to his 2 XXX's.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 213
Unless Profile has dramatically improved their quality over the years, then they are definitely not good quality. I had a California Series A600 years ago and it was a joke. They claimed 300w X 2 at 2 ohms, but it was extremely weak.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1224
and it is in almost every case better to go with a class d amp on your subs, b/c they can produce more power with less heat, and they produce more power for your $.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us