Hifonics BX1605D

Username: Randomly128

Post Number: 1
I had just bought a Hifonics BX1605D. The box and everything said it was a mono amp. Well when I opened up the box I noticed it was set up sort of like a 2 channel amp. It has 2 negatives and 2 postitives. And well what I was woundering what the specs were. All the sites say
1600-1ohm at 1 channel
1100-4ohm at 1 channel
550- 4ohm at 1 channel
So does that mean I can run 2 subs that have an rms of 1100 at 2 ohms, and expect to get 2200 watts?
Thank you for any help!!

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 246
no its a regular mono amp but for convinience they have two terminals but its the same as a mono amp

Post Number: 4
Ok. I have 2 Audiobahn Aw121t's. 4 ohm svc 550watts rms. But each is only getting around 225. Since I have each 1 going to a seperate (+) (-). Or is there a way to cheat.

Post Number: 5
So the only way to drop down to 1 ohm would be to hook some dvc subs to 1 of the terminals. Not each sub getting it own ternimal.

Post Number: 6
Last question. When wiring I should wire it like a 2 channel amp, but the result would be like a mono amp?

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 349
I am not familiar with this amp at all, but i will try to help.

Yes, the sites say that it is a 1 channel amp. It offers the following power at the resistence that you mentioned above

1600-1ohm at 1 channel

1100-4ohm at 1 channel (correction 2 ohm, not 4 ohm)

550- 4ohm at 1 channel

Now;

I think they have installed two sets of outputs so that you may bi-wire or paralel two speakers to a factory binding post (terminals)

This way you may take two 2 ohm speakers and wire them in paralel to get a 1 ohm load, which the amp will deliver 1600 watts.

Or,

Take two 4 ohm speakers and wire them in paralel to get a 2 ohm load, which the amp will deliver 1100 watts.

Or,

Take two 8 ohm speakers and wire them in paralel to get a 4 ohm load, which the amp will deliver 550 watts.

Does any of this make sense? I hope this is true. I am not certain. It is just an educated guess.

Hope this helps.

Post Number: 7
Thanks anything is better than nothing. When trying to get a 1 ohm load how would this work out since there are 2 terminals?

Post Number: 8
Yes It does!!!!! So for the two 4 ohms to get 2 ohms would I connect them both to the same +,-. Or should each 1 get its own +,-. (or would both examples have the same result)

Post Number: 9
Also when you said"This way you may take two 2 ohm speakers and wire them in paralel to get a 1 ohm load, which the amp will deliver 1600 watts" would those speakers be dvc.

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 350
"would those speakers be dvc?"

No. My instructions were based on single voice coil applications. If you have dual voice coil speakers; then treat each coil as a separate speaker.

So;

If you have one 4 ohm dual voice coil speaker, then you would wire each voice coil to a separate terminal. This would give you one speaker with a 2 ohm load.

Or,

If you have two 4 ohm dual voice coil speakers, then you would wire each speakers voice coils in paralel. This would make each speaker a 2 ohm load. Repeat the process to the other dual voice coil speaker. Now wire each speaker to the terminals. This would give you two dual voice coil speakers with a 1 ohm load.

Or,

If you have one 2 ohm dual voice coil speaker, then wire each voice coil to each terminal. This would give you a 1 ohm load.

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 351
You worte:

"Ok. I have 2 Audiobahn Aw121t's. 4 ohm svc 550watts rms. But each is only getting around 225. Since I have each 1 going to a seperate (+) (-). Or is there a way to cheat?"

I should have read more carefully.

So ya, if you have two 4 ohm svc 550 watts rms each, you will be perfectly fine.

You would wire each of them direct to separate terminals. This would give you a 2 ohm load, which your amp will deliver 1100 watts. So there it is. A perfect match.

Anonymous

Hey. Im wondering about this question?

If you have one 4 ohm dual voice coil speaker, then you would wire each voice coil to a separate terminal. This would give you one speaker with a 2 ohm load.

What's the deal with this? how many channels would you need then?

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 355
Normally you would need two channels.

But,

This amp has two terminals for convenience only. It still remains a mono block(1 channel amp).

This is because this amp is stable down to 1 ohm. It offers multi use applications.

i.e.

4 ohm
2 ohm
1 ohm

Post Number: 10
Could I get 2 woofers that are svc 2 ohm and drop them down to one ohm. Or is the only way to drop down to 1 ohm is to have a dvc.

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 628
2 SVC drivers with Voice Coils in Parallel
This is pretty simple, too. Wire both woofer (+) to the amplifier's (+) and do the same with the (-) connections.

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
So that example could drop 2ohm svc to 1 ohm?

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 647
www.the12volt.com - will help out a ton .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us