Subwoofer Crossover

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 800
Hey guys, I'm looking for a bit more control over my subs, so I'm looking for a decent crossover for my subs with a remote bass knob (I've always loved them). I'm constantly changing amps, so It's easier to setup a crossover than mess with my HU. Can anyone point me towards one? I don't need clean bass, I've got 2 SW9122's in ported boxes... Thanks!

And I'm not sure what I want to spend... Just "browsing" right now to see what's out there.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10347
www.audiocontrol.com
look at their in-dash units
gives you an EQ, line driver, and crossover in one unit. or a combination of those, depending on what you want.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 812
Shweet man. I don't think an in-dash is possible in my setup... I like their 2XS though... $100 isn't bad either.

Bronze Member
Username: Rearden_metal

Post Number: 17
Glass

If the crossover says that maximum output to the amp is 9.5 volts, won't that decrease the amount RMS I am delivering to the speakers?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10368
that's the line voltage.. on the RCA lines.. it's a variable voltage line driver.
you can turn it down to like 4 volts.. which is probably better depending on your amplifier.
line voltage has no effect on amplifier power output. it just affects the signal resolution and detail getting the signal from the head unit or processor to the amplifier.

Anonymous

I need to know how to hook up an MTX Electronic Crossover RT-X01A to my subs

sharp
Unregistered guest
Has anyone had bad distortion when hooking up an epicenter to a stock head unit. Is this even recomended?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us