Getting a job

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 167
so i've tried circuit city, best buy, and the local high end shops, but it seems nobody wants to hire me.

i have an interview at the good guys today for a car audio sales position (my goal is to be an installer but since nobody needs/want me, i figure sales would be a good foot in the door).

i think the reason i havent been getting hired so far is because i pretty much have no experience. i've had a few jobs, but nothing really respectable.

i know my stuff, so how do i convince them that i'll be great??

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10295
go to an installer school, get certified.. and a degree in a related field helps, too.. like an engineering degree, or auto mechanic certifications like ASE.

Nobody will hire you as an installer with zero experience and no qualifications. Would you want someone like that to work on your car at a garage or an install bay, honestly?
Sales you might have better luck.. and from there you can try a lateral move to installation later.

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
yah, im gunna use the extra scholarship money i get next month to MECP basic certify myself. there's a testing center right in town!

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10298
that's a great first step. order the study guide first and memorize it.
there's a sample test for basic at www.mecp.com as well.. to give ya an idea of what it'll be like.

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
yes, i've been there, that's how i know all about it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us