Whats the best amp for factory decks(ac delco)?

Username: Dantzler803

Bucktown, SC USA

Post Number: 7
I'm running a ac delco> audiocontrol lc6> soundstream 720> infinity perfect 5.25 and infinity 6x9's. The amp does 90watts x 4rms and it's 2ohm stable but I'm using 4 ohm. What amp would sound alot better than the soundstream? I'm not satisfied with the sound from the speakers and I think it's the amp.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10018
the amp is probaboly not the issue. you just need to add a sub with its own amplifier to add low end to that system.
even to increase the sound of your current amplifier by +3dBA you'd need twice the RMS power.. and at that point you're probably going to run into issues with exceeding the rated power handling of the speakers.
If you really want a different 4 channel amp though, maybe something like a Kicker KX600.4 or 800.4 would suit ya.
75x4 and 100x4 at 4 ohms respectively

Username: Dantzler803

Bucktown, SC USA

Post Number: 8
I have the infinity 611a w/ a infinity 12" perfect in a sealed box. I have the gains a quarter of the way up on the soundstream. The volume is almost half way and its distorting and bass gets loud but not harder. Is it the speakers or the amp or amps? Can I use 2 ohm or not?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10036
the problem in all honesty is a weak sub (infinity subs are very clean but not loud at all) and an entry level amplifier.
you'd do a lot better in that car with a ported box and a high output 12" sub, like an RE SE12 or SX12, and around 600-1200wRMS to that sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us