How to connect amp B

Username: Sexy_kuta

Post Number: 2
right now i have an ma audio 1600 watts(peak)

running my two 15s

and i have clarion 4x6s in the front panel,
pioneer 6.25s in the back door
and pioneer 6x9s in the back rear..
i have this clarion amp that is about 250 rms
someone told me i should get a second amp but i cant(budget)
so i was wondering how would i wire the speakers

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 442
What a different name !- lol

In order for the guys here to help , u need to list exact model numbers of all your speakers & amps so based on that info , they can advise u .....

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9989
well you won't be able to connect all 6 speakers to a head unit or radio for power, because haed units are only designed to handle a 4 ohm load on each powered channel (one speaker per channel)
you'll either need a 4 channel amplifier, or choose which two pair you want to use, and pick one pair of speakers to leave disconnected.

Post Number: 3
sorry

Rears=ts-g95om 220 watts max
fronts-clarions- i dont know the model number
back doors TS-G1647.. their actually 6.5s
clarion amp is Clarion APX 401.2 Amp
MA audio=MA Audio HK1398
my subs, i sold last week, wanted to upgrade

Post Number: 4
yea i was having a problem..
i installed my back door speakers but never installed them,
so right now im running two sets but theres an internal problem with my deck i think,

cuz my speakers were making sreeching sounds when i cranked the volume.. so i tested them on a test amp. worked fine, clear,
my pre outs on my decks are fine

i have a pioneer 7600mp deck

Post Number: 5
bump any one?

would it be possible to runn all 6 speakers off a 2 channel amp

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 456
If u use a 2chan ,thing is - u got 3 sets of different size/wrms speakers there & if the same amount of power is going into say 3 on 1 channel then obviously the smaller speakers would get blown & the largest of the 3 will still be playing away merrily .

May i suggest u hook the 2 smallest speakers off your HUnit & buy a 4 chan amp which has separate gains for front/rear stage that way u can set the power a bit more accurate to each set of speakers . Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10022
well, you'd need an amplifier that was stable to less than 2 ohms, like an older Orion HCCA model.. and those are expensive. Really the better solution is to use one good set of rear speakers, one better set of front components (such as 6.5" separates in kick pods) and a sub or two in the trunk.
Keep the system simple. The more you add, the more it complicates things and the more issues like this you end up running into.
I don't even use rear speakers in my own car, for what its worth.

Post Number: 6
ic,

my deck has an internal problem, speakers output are messed up but the pre outs work fine

so im better off with a 4 channel like you said
i have a question tho if you dont mind,
if i run all the 6 speakers off that one clarion amp.. and hook them up to the lowest rms, and turn down the gains so that i dont get more voltage then i should, then lower the bass from my deck
would that be ok?

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 460
Kuta (Hmmmm -i can't tell if its a female or male name)

I'd combine what both Glass & I said : buy a very good 4 chan amp
& if u got the $ replace those door speakers eventually for some good 6.5" components set if they can fit .

BTW , 4" x 6" - where are they located ,in the front doors ? , can't 5.25" or 6.5" speakers fit ?
No subs at all ,don't like too much bass ? - i guess u are trying to get the bass off those 6x9s ?
If u thats the case with the 6x9s ,u can buy a small/cheap 2 chan amp for them & use the 4chan to run the other 4 speakers .

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 461
OOPS sorry i now looked back at the very top & saw "right now i have an ma audio 1600 watts(peak)
running my two 15s" - guess my eyes skimmed over that part !

Post Number: 7
haha np
im a guy, kuta in my lanauge means dogg haha

well i have to buy a 4 channel amp then i guess
4x6s are in the doors.. only size and i cant take the speakers out from my back doors cuz i cut a hole and mounted them in

i own a 96 crown vic

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 466
Kuta = Dog , in Hindi huh . I just asked my mom & she told me that too . Its my ancestors language too but i never bothered to learn it ......

I'm about to order a 4chan amp for my project too & getting 4) 6.5 Infinity Ref series comp 1/door for my Nissan station wagon & i looked around & ended up going with Alpine MRV-F545 $330 . I asked all the guys here & including Glass - & they gave me the thumbs up on it . Leave your 6.5 in the doors ,just upgrade them whenever possible .

What model of 15s u had & what are u considering getting ?

Post Number: 9
well i made another thread in subwoofer section

i had two 15 inch rockfords.. RFP4415

i sold them last week for one reason. i want better

still got the box/amp

just need two subs,

i have a big trunk too, (96 crown vic)
if u could.. could u help me out with my other thread about subs,

thanks guys for all ur help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums