4ga power wire

bigfoot
Unregistered guest
how would i run the power wire from my hood to my trunk i just need to know where should i drill a hole in the floor pan to get the wire to the hood.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9986
no need to drill any holes.
you run the cable through the firewall of the car through en existing rubber gromet, then route the cable under the edge of the door trim and carpet on the floor, through the trunk divider, and into the trunk.
all inside the car, all hidden.

bigfoot
Unregistered guest
what if there is no existing rubber gromet by the brake peddal or any where neer there then what

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3610
Then you would need to drill a new hole and get a gromet for it. Firewalls are pretty thin, it doesn't take much to throw a hole in one.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10016
then apparently you car doesn't have a steering wheel column, an HVAC system, or a transmission :-)

If you can't find any hole, you can drill one through the firewall, but be careful doing so, and order the proper drill bit for drilling a hole in metal and get a rubber gromet to plug the opening against weather leaks from a site like partsexpress.com
its a little more work, but some cars are just hard to reach any factory gromets in, so its just easier to make your own.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us