Placing a car battery in us in ur home dangerous?

Bronze Member
Username: Quig

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 25
want to power my amp with a car battery in my house... i saw one on a truck so im gona go steal it tonight... i just want to know if its any harm to me if the battery is in my house, thanks

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9977
yes. there is. if it gasses, it will kill you.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 667
that would be undesireable.. only battery id put in my house would be an optima..

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 26
wat causes it to leak gas... and theres no possable way around it glass?

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9984
they gas if they are charged and discharged over and over.. the battery will bloat and leak a very toxic gas.
charging them too fast has the same result.
just not safe to do.
you need a battery designed to be used in a car's cabin.. there are some, but they aren't cheap.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3581
I hope it does gas you if you actually steal it....

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 28
so ur really gonna wish death on me??? fehg.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3604
I don't really wish death, more like lots of pain and suffering. I'm not singling you out though, I wish that on every thief.

Silver Member
Username: Dozyproductions

San Diego, California United States

Post Number: 138
wow, dont post on any forum saying your going to steal something, even if its jokingly. It such a B*tch.

Bronze Member
Username: Prankstar008

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 62
the gas a battery releases when its charging is just hydrogen....if you use it indoors and make a small spark...the battery could explode.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10309
"Batteries and Temperature

As temperatures are lowered in a battery, ion mobility (the carriers of charge) and electron reaction rates are reduced. Thus most liquid batteries cannot produce the same amount of energy at lower temperatures. If the electrolyte freezes then ionic mobility will be lowered to the point that the battery is basically useless. This will probably not happen too often because batteries have awfull thermal conductivity so they never reach the ambient temperature. The other interesting thing about batteries is that at lower temperatures there is increased internal resistance. If you leave something small plugged in (like a radar detector or car alarm) it will draw current. This current will flow through this internal resistor creating heat. This in turn will keep the battery warm. But it will drain some juice out of your battery.

Heating a battery produces the opposite effect. The battery will yield more. The only problem is the electrons tend to go crazy and cause the battery to self destruct. A boiling battery can produce a substantial amount of Hydrogen gas. Thus creating a small non-nuclear Hydrogen-bomb capable of burning you, your vehicle, and anything in its path. Avoid a boiling battery at all costs'"

http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/batteries.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us