My Amp Is Bumping My Woofer Too Hard!

Bronze Member
Username: Vuyodaddy

Post Number: 23
So I got my system installed at Bestbuy. I got 4 gauge wires connecting my stock deck (yeah, I know) to a Rockford Fosgate p5002 amp powering an Alpine Type R 12". They wired the amp remote to the front as well.

Every single amp remote I've used, when turning it all the way down, the bass is barely noticeable. With mine, it still hits really really hard to the point of rattling. I was told to retune my amp but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what to adjust and to what. I want to be able to have the bass silent when needed and bump when needed, not be hitting hard as hell all the freakin time. Please help! I'm gonna get to it first thing tomorrow morning. I

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9963
make sure any bass settings on the head unit, and any bass boost circuitry on teh amp is all set to zero (flat.)
make sure the amplifier gain isn't set too high on as well. Otherwise keep in mind that remote knobs for bass control are just an attenuation circuit. Not all of them are designed to completely turn off the sub.. just adjust the amount of bass a bit.

Bronze Member
Username: Vuyodaddy

Post Number: 24
I just adjusted the gain lower... there was no bass boost. I wanted to keep my deck running a little bit of bass just so the speakers could sound better, its too trebly and too much bump without it. Thanks for the help Glass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us