QUestion

99quesitons.
Unregistered guest
Does http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?Category=Installation%20Accessories # stuf flike that make a difference??

99 Questions.
Unregistered guest
Gold Plated Crimp 1/0 Ring Terminal - Black Grommet. Ring opening is 5/16"

is what im reffering to by the way.

99Questions.
Unregistered guest
awell as Gold Plated 10 Gauge Spade Terminal - Black

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4230
If you're asking about conductivity, then yes. Gold plated gives better current flow and contact.

99questions
Unregistered guest
and better conductivity improves.....

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 950
a cleaner, stronger signal transfer between amp wires and speaker wires. you won't have as clean or strong of a signal if you had stainless steel speaker terminals as opposed to gold ones:-)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9959
the reason connectors in car audio are gold plated is because gold has decent conductivity but mroe importantly it's a noble metal, meaning it doesn't oxidize or tarnish, and it's soft or maliable, so it forms to whatever is pressed against it for a tighter connection. Cars and things in cars are subjected to a wide range of temperatures and humidities, and oxidation will destroy clean contacts. Gold prevents this, even though other metals have better conductivity. This is why most cables are multi-strand OFC inside teh insulation, then use gold plated connectors, sometimes with silver solder for conduction purposes.

99questions
Unregistered guest
Thanks for that guys. Ill be shore to change them i have about 6 of thoes and i have sone different ones to that arent on the site for speaker wire maybe ill take a picture or somthing later.

Oh and say if i was to top my base and treble on my amp thats 1200 watts guess its only like 1000 cuz 1200 is peak would that be a bad thing?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9967
huh? whats the make and model of the amp, and what do you want to know? what size power wire you need?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us