Bass knob question and comparison

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 409
Ok, I used to have a factory CD player so when I bought my Alpine amplifier I also purchased a bass knob that had 1 wire running back to the amplifier and 2 wires going to the RCA's of the HU I guess (3 total wires). It is broke so I am sending it back to have it fixed. Anyway, I have a new CD player and am getting a kicker 450.2 amp. The new amp comes with a bass knob that only has 1 wire that looks like a telephone wire that runs back to the amp. I am thinking of just using it and selling the old bass knob. What is the difference and does it matter which I use?

Also, I was comparing my system to my friends subs. He has 2 10's and 1 12 (2 are sony's 1 is alpine) and a sony mono amp. Probably around 600 rms or so I am guessing. It is in a sealed box in the back of a 85 monte carlo. His isn't INSANELY loud but beats you in the chest like no other (now, sound quality is non existent but..). It is quite a bit louder than my Alpine 350 and my 2 12" Xplod's. I am wondering though how my 2 12" RE's and Kicker 450.2 will stack up to his though. His are the punchiest subs I have ever heard in my life.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 410
anyone?

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 411
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums