Please Help, My subs are shorting out i need a solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Lyrikalgeenyus

Wilkes-barre, PA United-states

Post Number: 2
About two weeks ago i got a system and everything was fine. Until to about only one week ago. I have an eclpise deck, mtx 3002 amp and two 8' Ma audio HK series subwoofers. The problem is that the music will play and everything will be fine but then the subs wil just stop hitting for a couple of seconds then come back on and hit. Sometimes they stop for more than a couple of seconds, minutes! The ground is fine. Sometimes when the subs short they short out my whole system. Then turns back on. I need help on what can be wrong and if anyone knows please help me, id be sooo greatful!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4223
Check all your wires first. You mentioned about the subs "shorting", check the speaker wires. Make sure the wires are not cut or open and partially shorting to the car's chassis.
On your amp, check the gain/level setting. Looks like it might be set too high. It should match your HU's preout voltage. Most HUs are 4v, so on your amp, with 8v max, it should be half way. Double check your owner's manual.

Bronze Member
Username: Prankstar008

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 64
check your battery...this happened to me and about a month later my battery died

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10308
gain is probably set too high on the amplifier, driving it into clipping, which in turn puts the amp into thermal protection mode. it auto resets and comes back on again until the bass hits and the amp clips, starting the cycle over.

turn the gain on the amp down.. eclipse decks have high voltage line drivers.. the amp gain should be at or barely above minimum. (set closest to the side of the dial with the highest voltage indication.. usually the farthest counter-clockwise)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us