Made in China

scb
Unregistered guest
Does that mean that the product is crap?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 951
not really...more that half of the car audio products on the shelves today are made in china, indonesia, korea, etc.

including kicker, jbl, infinity, pioneer, and lots of others.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9902
and DEI )directed, viper, clifford, orion, PPI, a/d/s, etc)

Kicker is made in stillwater, OK. Pioneer and Alpine are both Japanese.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4208
If you had a choice, select amps/products made in Korea. It is much better in quality.
Pick any manufacturer and check out their models. The higher end/quality products will be made in Korea, and mid to low from China and other countries.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 368
My recently bought 306DVC 12" Pioneer sub was made in MEXICO

scb
Unregistered guest
I heard that the best amps are made in USA and European countries like Italy for example.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 513
mexican made amps pretty much set the standard for reliabily and build quality. Just ask Ford.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9929
hahahaha

I'll stick to US and a few EU made amplifiers.. Tru, US Amps, Orion and PPI and RF from days of yore, Sinfoni, Zapco, Brax, McIntosh, Butler, etc.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9933
in regards to pioneer speakers though, most speakers are made by about three companies then labeled and marketed by various brands. Only a select few companies actually engineer and build all of their own speakers.
Scan-Speak, SEAS, DynAudio.. a few others.

scb
Unregistered guest
"If you had a choice, select amps/products made in Korea"

Issac, are you saying that Korean made amps are better than USA and European made amps?

"I'll stick to US and a few EU made amplifiers"

GlassWolf, So are you saying that AUS and EU amps are the better amps in terms of quality?

Im confused now.

scb
Unregistered guest
AUS - Typo
Shoulb be USA

Bump

scb
Unregistered guest
AUS - Typo
Shoulb be USA

Bump

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 518
I belive they're saying that if you have to buy amps made in the asian world, korean made is the best choice. Lots of high end companies are now outsourcing their lower end stuff to Korea. US amps and JL are example of that. Japan would still be good, but very little stuff that makes it to this shore was produced in japan, even japanese companies are having their stuff made in taiwan, china, indonesia, etc.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9955
I like US-made amplifiers for the hand made high end companies that put quality into the build and stand behind their products.. Companies like Sinfoni in Italy are the same way, but a lot of things from Italy are made like fine art with every item produced so that's almost expected. They're fine craftsmen there. I don't want to say everything from a certain countryu is good or bad though.. You have to take it on a case by case basis, but in any event the good quality brands will cost you a king's ransom, too.. so you pay for that quality.
Look at McIntosh. How many people will pay over three grand for an amplifier in a car or over ten grand for an amp in their home?

scb
Unregistered guest
GlassWolf,

How would you rank the quality of Arc Audio on a scale of 1-10...1 being poor?

I believe the XXK series are made in USA, but they arn't that spendy.

Do you have experiance with them?

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9965
yup. got a friend who's an ARC dealer. Good amplifiers. For the money they're one of the best amplifirs you'll probably find, watts per dollar, in a new product.

Silver Member
Username: Jbailey

Indianapolis, Indiana

Post Number: 158
Hey Glasswolf, does your friend deal exclusively with local customers or would he also be willing/able to ship products out to another state? I live in Indiana and would love to have access to Arc Audio amps, but no one around here carries them. If he would consider selling/shipping to me, could you give me a contact number or email address? Thanks.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us