JL Audio 1000/1 HELP!!! PLZ

Bronze Member
Username: Drpthemc

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 94
hmm ok i installed my amp subs bla bla... i wired it up (4gauge)... i start to play it, and gradually turn it up... but when i turn it up louder, my circuit breaker that connects the batter to amp pops!... and i lose connection... i dont know what the problem is... is it the amp? battery not giving enough current? alternator? HELP... i have a 140 AMP circuit breaker, and i know that is plenty for JL 1000/1... whats going on

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4623
What kind of subs are they? How are they wired?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4625
It is generally better to use a fuse, for starters. The first thing you should do is trace the power wiring and the ground, assure yourself that there are no shorts and that all connections are solid. Second would be to make sure the gains of the amplifier are set correctly, at least get a decent starting point. That amplifier would do better to use 2 guage wiring as well.

Bronze Member
Username: Drpthemc

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 95
hmmm Subs i have 2 Avalanche 12s wired to 2 ohms... im pretty sure everything is wired correctly, and 4g is required - thats what it says in the book... i had a fuse but... i needed a bigger one and i couldnt find anywhere but online that had 100 amp fuse ANL blade type, and i wanted it now so i just got the circuit breaker one (140 AMp)... i just do not understand why when i turn up the volume... its not even loud... the circuit breaker blows... and i gotta keep reseting after it cools down... and the gain isnt even that high... im so frustrated... whats up with it?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4627
Trace your wiring.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us