Interference through RCA cables????

Jared Kolb
Unregistered guest
I'm hooking up A HU and EQ to my amp. Everything was fine. Tucked all the wires in place, and got a real bad cracking sound. Took it all out to check connections, Everything looks good,(solid ground,power,speakers) When I move the RCA's around a little, I hear the noise,REALLY LOUD CRACKING. Tried a different amp, bypassed EQ and HU, still the same. Could I have possibly damaged all 3 sets of RCA's while pulling through trunk/carpet to the EQ/HU??? I AM STUCK!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 364
did u wire your RCAs right next to your power cable?

if you did, that would do it...

Jared Kolb
Unregistered guest
I did do that. I tried it with the wires all together from the trunk to the back seat, and it was o.k. Then I tucked in the wires all the way to the dash and it was popping. I took out the RCA's back to the back seat and it's still doing it. It kinda sounds like a bad ground, but i know i'm o.k. there. I'm still out there trying to figure it out. I'll try and run the RCA"s on the other side of the car. Convertible is hard to find a hole!

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 365
hehe

are u running your speakers off the headunit or a 4 channel amp?

Jared Kolb
Unregistered guest
Off amp. PPI A404 to 8 speakers, 2 on each channel. PPI A600 to 3 12" JL W6's run parallel. Had it set up in 2 other cars in past 7 years. Ran RCA's down the passengers side now, sounds O.K. Still haven't tucked all the wires in neat. Crossing my fingers!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us