Ohms a confusing thing for me

Username: Waitn4

Post Number: 3
Alright i got an hcca 2100 g4 this amp is capable of a .5 ohm stereo. Im really confused about how to hook up the amp properly to two eclipse titanium 12's. These are the new model with dual two ohm voice coils. also what other way kind of setup could i do on the hcca because it comes with this plug with 12 gauge wires and i was wondering if i should up the guage or not? I have never dealt with equipment this nice. thanks for any help.

jimny_boy
Unregistered guest
is that 0.5 ohms or 5 ohms? 0.5 is extremely low, most good amps are 2 ohm stable, some expensive ones are 1 ohm. Basically, wiring voice coils in series will be ( ohms + ohms = total) but in paralell its more complicated, (ohms A x ohms B) divided by (Ohms A + Ohms B)

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 823
yop. with dvc 2ohm, wire them parallel like so to achieve a .5ohm load:
Upload

Post Number: 4
the amp is not .5 ohm stable in mono other wise it would be pounding out 3200 rms!!! The amp i have has 1600 watts to play with. It can be run .5 ohm stereo or 1 ohm mono acheiving 1600 watts. how would i run a mono at 1 ohm or a .5 ohm stereo and not cook my subs?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 905
wire each sub in parrallel, that will give you a 1ohm load per sub. then wire one sub to each channel, that will be a 0.5ohm stereo load.

so pretty much wire it just like the diagram above, but wire one sub to each channel...dont bridge the amp.

by the way...you have one hell of an amp on your hands :-)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9751
the 2100HCCA is half-ohm stable stereo. one ohm sstable bridged, sir.
I have the manual sitting here in front of me.

www.bcae1.com will help you understand ohms and just about anything else inc ar audio you may want to know

Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 4
glasswolf gave you a great link .. but if you still dont understand ill tell you how to wire two 2 ohm voice coil subs to present a 1 ohm load to your amp when its bridged .. wire them together in 'series/parallel dual 2' which would make them present a 2 ohm load to each channel of an amp but when you bridge an amp it only sees half the load so present the two ohm load to ur amp when its bridged an it will see it as a 1 ohm load Upload

Post Number: 5
you guys are a great help thank you for the link. Im definitely going to do some studying on that site. Glass wolf you have the manual for that amp i was wondering what the EQ and Mono buttons do and is there a way to get more speaker output/remote clips for the amp?

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 161
If you wire one sub per channel and parallel the VCs, your amp will be running at 1 ohm. It will not be 0.5 ohms like someone else mentioned.

If you bridge the amp, then you'll have to series/parallel your subs onto one channel for a 2 ohm load.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us