Amp question

Bronze Member
Username: Jaguar600

Post Number: 33
ok I just installed my amp and sub and all, and the radio works fine but when we put in a cd the amp turns off. Any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Jaguar600

Post Number: 34
come on someones gotta know

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4160
You got your remote wire mixed up.

LuisFer
Unregistered guest
You are using the Antenna Power line for powering up the Amp.
Thats why it only works with radio.

Dewan
Unregistered guest
My amp is not getting any power, well power light came on then went out and i can't get it to come back on for some reason. Can i get a little help please?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4225
Take your remote wire and connect it to the pos wire. See if that turns on the amp. If it does, then you have remote wire problem from your HU. It could be loose or damaged.

Username: Mbiddy

Burnaby, B.c Canada

Post Number: 1
i have a puch 250 a2 im runninga type r 12 and for some reson my amp is getting very very hot, do you have any ideas?

Username: Mbiddy

Burnaby, B.c Canada

Post Number: 2
i have a puch 250 a2 im runninga type r 12 and for some reson my amp is getting very very hot, do you have any ideas?

Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 6
Are the subs dual voice , and do you have them bridged? If wired to 2ohms each, then bridging them gives a 1ohm load, amp not stable at the load.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10075
if the amp only works with the radio and not the CD, you just used the power antenna lead instead of the remote lead at the head unit as the amplifier trigger line.
simple miswire issue.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10076
that's a class AB RF amp. it's going to get hot at 2 ohms. it's only about 50% efficient.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us