More Ebay Cheating

Bronze Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 90
so i got beat out a zap amp so i put the MAX bid to 350 last minute then every time i hit refresh to check the time the amount kept climbing and climbing all the way to 270 F***ing cheaters man I only was supose to pay like 158

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&It em=5802379257

Ebay is more fustrating then anything

Bronze Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 11
they cheated me too. my first experiacne too. i bid on a 8 inch touchscreen monitor for my car.

the bids went 20-100-40-50-80-120-150.
that 100 was no mistake that was my bid i did it on valnitines day 2004 and all the others bids were
out of order needless to say i didnt win it

my dad didnt trust ebay from the start now it hard to trust anybody :-(

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4134
Welcome to eBay. It's like playing lottery. Sometimes you win, and lot of times you don't. The trick is to know how much an item's worth and then make that your maximum bid. Any fool that goes over, deserves to pay more.

Think of this way, if you think something's worth buying, there will be 1000 others on eBay waiting to bid. So you can see, why your odds of winning isn't that high.
Aside from all that, there are some great deals to be made. For example, one guy had JL 13W7 in a ported box made to JL's spec. It sold for $500. That was a steal. I thought of bidding but at that time, I wasn't too interested. Now I realize it was a great bargain. That auction only had 1 bidder.
Couple of weeks ago, there was RE 15" MT on sale. It sold for $305, and it only had 2 bidders.
Last year, Zapco C2K 9s sold on the average, for $900.
Lot of deals to be had, you just need to make sure you have backup plans.

Bronze Member
Username: Homsardude

Post Number: 32
Lol, you people :D Ok, so I can kind of understand your frustration lil john, but then again...just don't put your max bid higher than what it's worth to you like Isaac said! killer, so you're mad that you didn't win something that you bid $100 on and someone else bid $150 on? I'm not sure how this is 'cheating'...In any case, eBay has some great deals. You just need to know how to find them, and then know how to bid on them once you do :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Tj80

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 15
Here's the other thing about ebay... people get caught up in bidding, and go higher than they really wanted to.

Bob down in Kentucky bids $100 bucks on an amp. He figures that's about all he's willing to pay.
You look at it, and think... well, I could go $120. So you put a bid in for $120, with about 5 minutes left in the auction. It's yours!
No wait, Bob gets an email saying he was outbid... so he goes back to ebay, and bids $125 with 20 seconds left (because it's only $25 more... what the hell, right?) and he gets it.

Moral of the story? Wait until 15 seconds before the end of the auction then bid the largest amount you're willing to pay.

If you don't win... it was too expensive (or you didn't put in a high enough number). If you do win, Bob didn't get a chance to regret that $100 low-ball bid, and he loses.

Don't be like Bob, and you'll get better deals at eBay.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4140
Lot of people do that, steal someone else's bid at the last second. Sure you increase the odds of winning, but then your name is mud.
I like to be fair so I warn people what my intentions are. That way, no one gets pi$$ed.
For example, there was this vented speaker box going for $10. I could've easily won it for $20. Instead, I emailed the highest bidder and told him/her that unless they really needed/wanted it, I was going to win by making higher bid. The person replied back saying he/she was desperate for a box. I passed on the bid and the person won it for under $30. That was a great deal. The retail value was over $100.
Yes, you can be jerks or you can choose to be fair.

Bronze Member

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 16
Wow, I've never considered what I do to be "being a jerk". You put in how much you think is your top bid.. I put in how much is my top bid... whoever wanted to pay more buys it.

It's not "stealing a bid"... it's BIDDING MORE! :-)

Anyways, guess we all have our ways of doing things.. but I don't think it's fair to call everyone who bids more than you a jerk.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
I don't feel that bidding last minute is being a jerk or is in any way unfair. It's the way eBay works. Whoever gets the highest bid in before it closes wins. Isaac, you are a very thoughtful person to actually e-mail someone and let them know you intend to outbid them, but I think that's a little unnecessary. Who's to say that person you mentioned didn't have a higher bid of say $40 on the box (seeing as how it was retail over $100)?

"Bidding wars" (as I call them) can be frustrating and make the price go above market value, but that's why I watch for items with very few hits. If no one has really seen the item, the less chance there will be a bidding war and the better chance that I can get a stompin' deal on it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4141
I wasn't calling you a jerk. There are however, some real a$sholes on eBay.
For example, let's say there are 2 identical items on sale almost at the same time. Instead of letting the person that bid first/highest win, the jerk would wait till the last minute and steal or drive up the price.
Makes no sense cause the same item by the same seller is available to be had.
Maybe they've been jerks for such a long time, they don't even know how to think. All that matters is stealing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Lol, I think in that case they are just an idiot. Which all too often ties in to being a jerk as well...:-)

Anonymous

you have to remember the programs they have that automatically bid at the last second for whoever set the mouse trap
and that doesnt matter either because your supposed to put in how much you are willing to pay without b~i~tching and wait for an email
if you dont do it that way you are gonna spend more then you logically thought just to win the item
thats called impulse buying
and thats why ive paid more on ebay then what i could have gotten it at the store ;))

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3543
I can't blame people for bidding with a few seconds left, I'm guilty of it myself. What I do hate, is people with snyper programs that bid at the very last possible second, so if you don't have the program, your not gonna win the auction.

Username: Monteknical

Albany, NY US

Post Number: 7
No offense but i think this thread is based on being a sore loser. Like the old saying goes "If you cant take the heat then get out of the kitchen". Alls fair in love and war and ebay. Thats my 2 cents.

Bronze Member

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 17
Even with those sniper programs... which I personally have never used... even the people with those programs will not win.. EVER.. if you bid more than them.

Simple as that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4144
It's like every tool, jerks will always find ways to be themselves.

Bronze Member
Username: Smhuosrktays

Rochester, New York USA

Post Number: 63
Just use the BUY IT NOW option, and if it doesn't have that, look for one that does. End of story, its a waste of time to bid on something unless you know no one else is bidding on it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Montek Montek

Albany , NY
US

Post Number: 7
No offense but i think this thread is based on being a sore loser. Like the old saying goes "If you cant take the heat then get out of the kitchen". Alls fair in love and war and ebay. Thats my 2 cents.

Please take offense to this i think you cant read. keep your loose change and comeback after you learn how to read

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
but any way fellas I think the most logical thing for me to think is, that the bidder against me was tryng to win the bid in the last few seconds by bidding over and over again after being told he was out bid because of my high MAX bid and every time he bid higher it meant more money I had to pay until he gave up.

I put 350 but i wasnt willing to spend more then 300 got it for cheaper then i thought

o and Isaac that guy that stole the zapco amp he must have had a sniper program because he bid with 1 second left CABLE ISNT EVEN THAT FAST I DONT THINK.

iSAAC CHECK ME OUT IN THE SUB FORUM REAL QUICK BRING JAMES TOO

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Yea lots of people use sniper programs. I personally haven't because I think it's much for fun to try and "snipe" it myself. I go to the page where you place bids and start counting down and when I get to like 3 seconds left I submit the highest amount I'm willing to pay and see if I won. It's pretty intense. I've gotten bids in at 1 second left before, and I've been beat out by bids at 1 second.

"Alls fair in love and war and eBay" <---Agreed :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 20
no Jordan they said my bid was placed on the 14TH of feb, then the next one was bid on the day before at a lower price way lower than what i did 80-(my bid 100)-40 does that even seem right

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Yes, bids can appear out of order sometimes in the bidding history even though they are not. Ultimately, the person with the highest bid wins. End of story.

Albany, NY US

Post Number: 8
Lol, I wont take offense to it. How does any of what you posted mean I cant read? LOL, you're too funny. Is there something wrong with having an opinion? I didnt think there was.

Bronze Member
Username: Livinloud7

Post Number: 48
Well thankfully there is always another deal somewhere around.. look hard thats all. Look for one with few hits/ bids and little time.. your best bet to avoid a war with others

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 560
BIN is about the best thing that ever happened on ebay. People will bid past a product's worth, makes it hard for everyone, but to each their own.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
Montek Montek

Albany , NY
US

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, September 02, 2005 - 12:12 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lol, I wont take offense to it. How does any of what you posted mean I cant read? LOL, you're too funny. Is there something wrong with having an opinion? I didnt think there was.

u said i made the post because im a soar looser how can that be if i won? your 1st statement said you could not read the post as I stated I won the item, wich makes me beleave that your reading and comprehension is of the 3rd grade level thats how what i posted means you cant read, I posted this twice and dumb it down for you so if you cant get it this time just find a magnum and finish your brain off its half dead anyway

nothing wrong with having an opion as long as your opion is relevant

Silver Member
Username: Pikesh

Post Number: 129
DO NOT BUY FROM EBAY... well u can be at a great advantage if ur luck is with yah ... 1st.... this guy i know he sells blown subs n amp on ebay.... sooo i bet ther are tons of people like that..... 2nd i brought a box fomr ebay... and another item frmo eldirect and they turned to be exactly how they were advertised ... but why take risk .. thats what i think..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4155
Pikeshp, that's why you look at their feedback ratings. A guy selling junk will not get 100% feedback.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us