HELP...Isaac, Glasswolf, James goodman, david , infinity ...

Silver Member
Username: Pikesh

Post Number: 115
i have a after market deck guys... its not the best deck but its cool.. i didnt install it properly but it has been working fine for last 3 years... today the deck was coming out lil but so i hit it lil bit to make it go in "(since i didnt install it properly...) right wen i hit the deck it shut off and its not working ne more.. i checked a fuse and it was blown (0.5a) so i got a new one and installed it .. the new one was 1.0a but the deck stil doesnt work..all the wiring looks fine...could it be cuz i am using 1.0a fuse.. instead of .5a...when i remove the face plate i see a red light flashing... its normal for it to flashh its alway sflashing it means that the power is being give n to deck...i rewired the power, memory and ground connections and they seem perfect. there is no security thingy its a cheap deck doesnt do a lot... i checked that all the wires are connected the way they are supposed to.... it all happepned when i just pushed the deck with little power

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
bump..:-(

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4100
The fuse is not the problem. As I stated before. .5A and 1A makes no difference in voltage.
Where was the fuse located? Was it for the deck? .5A doesn't sound right. They usually require 5A - 10A.
Did you monitor the voltage on the deck? Was it really getting 12v? You can't diagnose electronics just by looking. You need to measure.
If all else fails, it could just be that your deck is fried. Cheap products die without warning.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4533
Probably broke a joint somewhere when you hit it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
well the 5a fuse is there too... there is another fuse thats very close to unit.... all the connections look fine... that small fuse was blown... the 5a fuse is located, little further with memory and ground... that .5a is just on the power supply( red cable) wire.. it was getting 12v!!! everything was and had been fine from the last 2 years guys it just that i hit it n it was gone...:s

Gold Member

Post Number: 4102
Did you measure the other wires? Even the one with the 5A fuse?
If the deck is worth something to you, you might have to open it up and inspect. Your knocking could've broken something loose or pinched a wire.
That's the funny thing with electronics. They can go any time or last almost forever. No guarantees.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
yeah the 5a fuse wires are fine... they are seperated tho ... the a fuse is only attached with ground and memory.. but the red wire is the wire that had the .5a fuse on it which blew... i am thinking that red wire is the problem since is not turning the deck on n its power supply too.. but what is wrong with it.. all the connetions are fine ..:Si doubt if i broke an inner part cuz the push wasnt really made in a way that ne one can break an inner part... just tha ti knoew the way i pushed it..what is there is no current going othrough the red wire.. what can i do?:s the deck doesnt mean a lot to me just that i already spend nuff money on amp, kit n subs like lotta things so its hard for me to pull another 150 or somthing decent deck

Gold Member

Post Number: 4113
Are you saying the red wire isn't getting any power?
Since it's already blown, try and bypass the fuse on the red wire. Maybe it might work.
It's like those old sayings, "If you're not going to give 100% effort, don't do it at all".

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
well i did bypass the fuse and it didnt work... geez... i was thinking of connecting the red wire to cig lighter.. (positive red wire )so give a straight connection from cig lighter to deck...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4118
If all the red wire needed was pos voltage, you could get that from the battery/cig lighter etc. Experiment with it since it's already blown.
You don't have much to lose.

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
well what can i say ... a deck being blown from just a lil push...hm.... sigh i am selling the car soon time soo i dunt know just need way how i can fix that up or buy a cheap/bad cd player deck n just install that

Gold Member

Post Number: 4123
It'll probably be cheaper for you to buy a used deck for $20.
Check the eBay for a seller near you. Some go as little as $10.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us