Alright im starting to make progress, but i have more questions

Username: Wink07

Post Number: 4
Well I got a question, ive been looking at some amps to amp up my 2 12" Kicker comps(45-150watt rms, 300watt max) and i was woundering what you would reccomend me in about a 300-350$ budget. so far I've looked at some Audiobahn amps (Audiobahn A8000T and A8002T) and I was woundering what you think about these amps, and would they for sure work, and what other amps would you suggest for my set up? thanks for reading.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 137
Are they DVC? Are they 4 ohm?

Post Number: 5
are you talking about the subs, if so they are 4 ohms, and the amp is four ohm, but i cant find if they are DVC, but i just read that that the Audiobahn A8000T amp is mono, which means i cant hook it up to 2 subs but the Audiobahn A8002T is a 2 channel amp and its RMS is 200 watts x 2 at 4 ohms, so that all seems to work, correct?.............So does this look like a good combination?

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 139
I wouldn't get an Audibahn amp. You can get a much better amp in your price range.

You need to find out if your subs are SVC or DVC. This matters alot when picking an amp. Check your manual, or look at your subs. If there are two pairs of terminals on one sub, then they are DVC. If the sub only has one set of terminals, then they are SVC.

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 140
I checked the specs and it looks like all of the Kicker Comp subs are SVC. You need a mono amp that will do 300w-400w RMS at 2 ohms. Do a search on eBay for the Kicker KX400.1. It is rated at 400w RMS at 2 ohms. It should be well below your price range. The KX1200.1 can be had for less than $400 with shipping and it's three times the output.

If you still want to spend the $300-$350 for an amp of this size, then check some of the prices for high-end amps like Zapco, JL, Diamond Audio, US, etc.

Post Number: 6
alright thanks for the input, and i know im about to sound really, really dumb, but whats this svc and dvc stuff, and why am i using a mono amp for two speakers? thanks again for the help and sorry for my lack of knowladge.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 222
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13900

This would be a perfect match Kicker with kicker ....

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 223
This will explain it to ya ,Matt !

www.bcae1.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us