Pioneer DEH-P8600MP faceplate problem

Username: Birdman12

Post Number: 2
hey guys...i need help with my deck...ive had the pioneer deh-p8600mp since last dec...and its been awesome so far..and today after i put in the faceplate..it wouldnt come out..the deck works fine..but i cant open it..its a motorized faceplate which means unless the faceplate comes out...i cant change cds..:S ..sooo any help would be greatly appreciated thanks :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Shamuchef

Post Number: 53
press reset button on front of unit with a pen

Username: Birdman12

Post Number: 3
ya i tried that already....dint work..i unplugged/replugged the wiring harness as well

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 797
tap the front of the screen, i had the same problem, and went for the CAVEMAN approach, just tap the front of the screen(not too hard) and it should open right up. my friend had the same problem and he told me it worked, and it did.:-)

Username: Knoxy66

Post Number: 1
It is a cable inside the deck that connects the face controls to the deck controls. It's about $125 fix if it's not still under warranty. I've had 2 premier decks with that problem I won't ever buy any pioneer motorized face decks again. Their decks are awesome but they've had this problem for awhile and haven't made an attempt to fix it....

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1529
All decks with a motorized face are susceptible to that problem because the ribbon cable almost always rubs against some casing etc. and wears it down, eventually leading to failure...In my opinion, they could better protect the cable from wearing down by coating it in a thicker substance that surrounds the wiring...

Username: Knoxy66

Post Number: 3
there's something else that breaks in there too. The service shop replaced the cable and the first time I turned it on it did the same thing. Been in 3 times.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us