CEA-2006 Compliant

WC
Unregistered guest
So amps that are CEA-2006 Compliant, should they be trusted in their power ratings? Even if it was a sh!tty brand like Lenzar or something.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9706
yup. CEA power ratings are done under specific setings, so the numbers are comparable between companies.
that's the purpose of CEA ratings

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4058
Lanzar is still a $hitty product.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 837
I got a Lanzar thats about a decade old, and it still works grand. Just don't make um like they used to.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4078
You can say that about lot of companies now.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4521
Lanzar used to make great stuff, especially in the Opti lineup. Then I think it was Pyramid that bought them out.

WC
Unregistered guest
Well if Pyle or Lenzar or who ever, if they have smp that are CEA-2006 Compliant, why would they be sh!ty? The power they say is there, what makes them sh!ty?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4122
Quality! So what if it produces the claimed power. What good is it to you if it breaks down 2 months down the road?

Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 6
CEA-compliant is where u wanna be ... if ur happy with the rms power rating for the price offered an cant find better for the same price to power go with it who's to say that it will break down in two months im sure Isaac hasnt used every amp out there so i wouldnt take his opinions as fact because this board might claim to be unbiased but most the people that frequent it arent

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 603
I would agree as long as you get a 1 year warranty...also watts are not all the same...it may be loud but sound like crap...take MA Audio for instance...they have a 4400 watt rms amplifier out, but isn't made for SQ...but it has 90% efficiency allowing it to put out amazing amounts of power for cheap...no matter what, you get what you pay for

Gold Member

Post Number: 4164
CadillacDb, why don't you save the trouble for everyone else and purchase Sony/Lanzar/Pyramid/Pyle/Boss/Rockwood and test it for us. That way I don't have to waste my time.
Tell me one amp from them that can last 1 year of "normal" use.

"im sure Isaac hasnt used every amp out there so i wouldnt take his opinions as fact because this board might claim to be unbiased "

You don't have to test every single amp in the world to get accurate info. If a company produced nothing but sub standard products, what are the odds of them making one that can out perform/last a higher quality item? Electronics are not made of magical components. You use low quality parts, and it's almost guranteed it will fail.
Try this, go buy yourself the cheapest light bulb money can buy, then get another one from a quality company. Which do you think will actually give you the "rated hours" as stated?

Just cause a person points out bad products, does not make him/her biased. If that were the case, doen't it make you a biased also? After all you did state your opinion too.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9759
short of it is CERA 2k6 compliancy just means the power ratings given are accurate under pre-defined criteria.
It says nothing about the actual build quality or reliability of the product.. only the accuracy of the claims of power output.

The same applies to DUMAX specs for speakers. All a DUMAX machine does is use a uniform set of criteria for measuring T/S specs, so every speaker can be compared on even ground. DUMAX does nothing to guarantee the speaker is any good though, or that it's built well, stood behind by the mfgr, or worth the price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us